AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty then , looking between these sets I don't see a whole lot of differences, not interested in 3D or web enabled stuff, and just because one is thinner than the other doesn't really make a difference either.

So the question is beyond those features is there something I should really wait for one the 8000 series to justify the wait and the price difference?

Oh and the sources being hooked up would be Directv HD DVR (HDMI), Blu-Ray old Samsung 1500 (HDMI) soon to be upgraded hopefully, xBox 360 (HDMI), and Wii (Component).

·
Registered
2,475 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewaves /forum/post/18309316

Alrighty then , looking between these sets I don't see a whole lot of differences, not interested in 3D or web enabled stuff, and just because one is thinner than the other doesn't really make a difference either.

So the question is beyond those features is there something I should really wait for one the 8000 series to justify the wait and the price difference?

Oh and the sources being hooked up would be Directv HD DVR (HDMI), Blu-Ray old Samsung 1500 (HDMI) soon to be upgraded hopefully, xBox 360 (HDMI), and Wii (Component).

Why did you jump straight from the 550/590 to the 8000 and skip the 6500 and 7000's?

It seems like you've already answered your own question since you don't want most of the advanced features of the higher end models. Though the few things you didn't mention are the CMS/Calibration mode, the CinemaSmooth 1080/24p 96Hz playback mode or the better anti-glare filter on the higher models. If these don't matter to you much, definitely don't hold out for an upgrade you don't need.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like from the press release that Cinema Smooth is only going to be on the 8000 series? That might be worth holding off for the Cinema Smooth.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewaves /forum/post/18309540

It looks like from the press release that Cinema Smooth is only going to be on the 8000 series? That might be worth holding off for the Cinema Smooth.

Is that true? So if I was to hold off buying a 63B590 for 63C590, I could be giving up the Cinema smooth functionality that is available in the 63B590?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts