AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GE Link 60W Equivalent Soft White (2700K) A19 Connected Home LED Light Bulb

works perfectly with your Philips Hue bridge.

these are much cheaper than Philips Hue (multi color) or Philips LUX (single color)

just a note for people outside 110VAC countries... 220V AC or 240V AC >> NOT possible

I just wanted to share my findings on these bulbs.

These bulbs DO NOT work with 220V ~ 240V AC range!!!! (unlike Philips HUE and LUX bulbs)

Tech details: The bulb is using NXP SSL21082AT which, controls the current through the LEDs from a rectified 100-120 V AC mains input voltage.

On the other hand you would have no problems with connecting to your Philips bridge, if you have one. The box is misleading as it indicates."Wink Hub is required" or "works with wink hub". Just read, the other part of the same text... (or any other ZigBee compatible hub)!!!!!

TIP FOR CONNECTING TO HUE HUB: Out of the box, my bulbs were connected to the included Wink hub. I had to reset them before I could pair them with the Hue hub. To reset, just cycle the bulb off and then on five times, pausing for 3 seconds each time you flick the switch. The bulb will slowly pulse when it's ready, telling you that the reset worked. Then just fire up the Hue app and add a new lamp.

additional NOTE: I live in a 230V country so I just run these bulbs on a tiny 20W 220V to 110V trasnaformer, it all works fine. (this would add another 10%~20% power waste)

220V 230V 240V 220VAC 230VAC 240VAC
GE Link 60W Equivalent Soft White (2700K) A19 Connected Home LED Light Bulb

1 - 2 of 2 Posts