Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what has happened to BUY.COM's shipping department? :confused:

I used to receive my pre-ordered dvds on the Saturday prior to the Tuesday release date. Now, the dvds are arriving a day or two AFTER the release dates? This is unsatisfactory. :(

Can anyone recommend an online site with good prices and timely delivery? Your help would surely be appreciated. :D

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Back when reel.com 'parents' when out of business dragging down reel.com with it,

all of the orders were to be shipped by buy.com yeah right. I asked reel.com for my money back when a online friend complained of waiting too long for buy.com to deliver. Reel compensated me and I never looked back at buy.com.

Now I deal with walmart.com open 24 hours friendly customer 'reps' with full access to a big database, and you don't have to put your personal data online you call them for free. No data on you is kept when you call your absolutely 'new' they don't know you at all. You have a bad disc they send along a postage paid peal off and send it back with them paying the postage just fill in what you want they send you another with no postage due. I don't work for walmarts, but I sure buy off them.:)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have also experienced this with BUY.COM. Including a copy of Episode one that I preordered and just got on Monday. It never arrived, and I had to wait 13 days before filing a lost shipment report. I don't mind a few days, but weeks?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was also just informed that I cannot cancel my PREORDERED dvd orders! I have to refuse them at the Post Office, or return them myself for credit!

I wonder if this is the case at other online sites?:mad:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Same here! I recently ordered "Air Force One" and TFE Superbit at Buy.com.

After I placed the order they announced that they are out of stock. I then try to cancel, it said something like "Cancel requested". In the mean time I placed an order at www.dvdempire.com (great service, good price by the way). I received my order a couple of days later, when suddenly Buy.com announced they are shipping the items that I thought canceled because back ordered. Fortunatly a friend of mine was interested in those 2 titles, but from now on it's: Bye Bye Buy.com.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Quote:
I used to receive my pre-ordered dvds on the Saturday prior to the Tuesday release date. Now, the dvds are arriving a day or two AFTER the release dates? This is unsatisfactory.
You have it good! I just cancelled my Phantom Menace (ordered 7/30/01), Fifth Element-Super bit and Terminator from DVDExpress because they STILL have not shipped. I placed the order with buy.com yesterday and today it's in the warehouse for shipping.

It was very depressing to see my coworkers receive their preorders the day before release and I still haven't received mine. BTW, they ordered from Buy.com and got them prior to release date.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.