AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into getting the Sony 50XBR800 as soon as i saw the rainbows on the Samsung DLP. I have a friend at work whose boyfriend works at the computer department at CC. He's not my best friend but I've gone out to eat with them after work a couple times and he seems like a pretty nice dude.

Yesterday I aked Angela to ask her boyfriend if he would be comfortable buying the Grandwega for me as he can get it at cost. She told me that because we're all friends he probably would if i was really serious, I also told her that if i did decide to do it I would give him a $100 on the side. But It probably wouldn't be untill after december.

My only consern that i have is I'm not sure my 2 year warranty with sony would be valid and if i was one of the unlucky ones that got an unreasonable amound of dead pixels I'm going to be at the mercy of someone else that besides I don't really know to well.

I believe someone else posted CC's cost for the 50" around $2700?

Do you think it's worth the risks?

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
ok,my first post.long time lurker(8 months),1st time poster.

as a circuit city employee(service center),let me just say it is a pain in the *ss buying stuff for people :D

the $100 is a nice gesture though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
as a CC employee too, we have recently fired an employee for buying stuff for people at cost, because it is considered theft. and their is no real way of hiding it, every one at work will want to come over and watch it, Joe.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I heard back from him today and he's totally cool with it so I'm going to get it whenever he's ready. I was going to wait for january but because I'm never going to get a better deal and I have the cash theres no real reason to wait. I think $100 is justified considering there is some risk and after all he's still saving me $12-1300 over retail.

As a college student working part time I really shouldn't be able to afford these things so every bit helps.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Quote:
after all he's still saving me $12-1300 over retail.
Did he give you a price yet? I'd be very interested to know what CC's cost on this set is.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.