AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's the consensus on this?

I'd like to have a Dual Shock 3 but I'm kind of leary about buying an imported one.

I really don't want to have to tinker and deal with issues - so should I just wait until the "official US" version is released - or go with an import?

·
Registered
170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillKen /forum/post/12856433

So what's the consensus on this?

I'd like to have a Dual Shock 3 but I'm kind of leary about buying an imported one.

I really don't want to have to tinker and deal with issues - so should I just wait until the "official US" version is released - or go with an import?

From what I've heard, people have had LESS problems with the imported DS3 than the Suxaxis. It doesn't seem to have the connection drop out problem that plagued some Suxaxis controllers.

I know my DS3 has worked perfectly since I got it.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I purchased one from Play-Asia and it works excellent. I don't have a problem with any of my controllers. The only mistake I made was I should of purchased it in White instead of Black, that way I can distinguish it from the other 8 PS3 controllers I have.

I love the feedback as it is nice and smooth. Definitely recommend.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I ordered one off eBay last week for $65 with shipping. I figured that by the time they come out in the US, I'll be paying within $12 or so of this amount anyways, so I figured it was worth it. I've been holding off on playing Uncharted until this arrives.

·
Registered
256 Posts
yea had it since the release in Jp, works great, why wait. +1 on the white one as well
, luv the feel over the reg controller.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you currently have one or more games with rumble feature, go for the import.

I bought it to play Uncharted and Dynasty Warriors, but did not realize how much I missed rumble until I used it to play PS1 classics they offered on Japanese PSN.

The starting price point in US is probably going to be $49.99 or above, I certainly don't see the point of waiting for months to save $10.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys I just ordered a white one on Ebay. Appreciate the replies.

·
Registered
152 Posts
just got two of them Imported and Honestly I haven't touched my old Sixaxis since.. I got Two white ones and I am throughly enjoying the extra weight and the rumble feature..

they just feel over all better made.. Thicker plastic, more weight, Buttons feel Different somehow, more progressive and less of a click.

I also noticed the response from the L2 and R2 buttons is less sensitive and more progressive. on my Sixaxis it was really easy to accidentally bump them and change gears when I didn't want to in Gran Turismo 4. With the DS3 I haven't suffered from nearly as many misshifts.

YMMV but I'm considering selling my remaining Sixaxis and buying two more DS3s

·
Registered
219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicecom /forum/post/12856473

From what I've heard, people have had LESS problems with the imported DS3 than the Suxaxis. It doesn't seem to have the connection drop out problem that plagued some Suxaxis controllers.

I know my DS3 has worked perfectly since I got it.

+1 on the connection issues being fixed

·
Banned
4,619 Posts
I bought 2 from japanvideogames.com (they are located in California). Fast shipping and work great. I believe I paid around 69 each.

·
Registered
572 Posts
x2 on importing them. I also enjoy the weighted feel and do not regret them one bit. (1 white and 1 black DS3). although, my black DS3 suffered quite a bit in some furious NHL08 matches over the holidays... the right analog stick squeaks now when moved.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
If you have the money and games that support rumble buy it. You won't regret it. It seems like they are better built too.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have had mine since the third week of November and love it. Absolutely no connection issues with it. Although I had no issues with my original Sixaxis.

I find it has a better feel (more weight to it) and I like the plastic used on this one better than the translucent black plastic of the original controller which felt flimsy.

If you can, get one.

JD

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I thought the connection issues were due to the PS3 bluetooth antennae on the older models? Anyway, I'm just going to wait for the official version, and probably wait for a sale at that.

·
Registered
932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2-JD /forum/post/12858542

I have had mine since the third week of November and love it. Absolutely no connection issues with it. Although I had no issues with my original Sixaxis.

I find it has a better feel (more weight to it) and I like the plastic used on this one better than the translucent black plastic of the original controller which felt flimsy.

If you can, get one.

JD

I was going to write my own post, but this says everything I was going to say.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Why is there no official release date for NA???

·
Registered
191 Posts
i bought 2 imported ones, and they work great, as for is it worth the wait? i dont know, the games i play dont tend to use the rumble feature to its full ability, but its fun! its up to you! lol Personally i love the look of my white ones, and the weight difference is very noticable (a good thing), if i went back to reg sixaxis, i would prob mess up my COD4 game lol

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I bought the Japanese one and am VERY pleased with it once I put the trigger covers on it but I would wait. Its REALLY expensive for a controller. It can't be too long a wait for the U.S. version. Its better in every way, but its not really worth what you will have to pay.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts