AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to put together a budget friendly setup.

I already have a Sony STRDN1030 receiver and when I moved in the previous owner left two Bose Acoustimass satellites in the wall. What I'm wrestling with is am I better off buying 2 more of the bose satellites, a bose center channel and subwoofer by whoever? Or just selling the two bose satellites and buying the Energy 5.1 Take Classic Home Theater system?

All input is appreciated,

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2oh  /t/1470737/buy-more-bose-speakers-or-replace-with-energy-setup#post_23263601

I'm trying to put together a budget friendly setup.

I already have a Sony STRDN1030 receiver and when I moved in the previous owner left two Bose Acoustimass satellites in the wall. What I'm wrestling with is am I better off buying 2 more of the bose satellites, a bose center channel and subwoofer by whoever? Or just selling the two bose satellites and buying the Energy 5.1 Take Classic Home Theater system?

All input is appreciated,

Thanks!

How big is your room?

What is your budget?

What do you listen to?

Thanks.

·
Registered
29,113 Posts
If you don't have the bass module for the Bose satelltes they're pretty much useless. Sell them and pick up the Energy Take 5 setup if you still want small speakers.

But if you could get some larger speakers you'd be better off.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Search your local craigslist for speakers. The used market sometimes yields good sets of speakers. Sometimes it's just people overpricing their stuff. But still, I'd take a look. What craigslist location do you use?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Try mom price. They sell a 5.1 system that is identical to the energy takes and it sells for a lot less. I'll try to find a link for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
The Energy Take speakers are too small for most rooms/systems for home theater use IMO.

I suggest that you look at the Martin-Logan MLT-2 system, which is about the same price and much better in every respect IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts