AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a 3D TV but am torn between buying the Samsung PN50C8000 now, or holding off until next years models come out. Right now I can get the PN50C8000 with the 3D starter kit and a BDC6900 blu-ray player for $1800. The reasons I would want to wait would be to possibly save some money, and also since 3D TV's are an emerging technology I just assume next years models would be functionally better than this years and also perhaps less expensive. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo0285 /forum/post/19611050

Wait!!! Current 3dtvs are plagued with issues like crosstalk, especially the samsungs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadocs /forum/post/19613636

Not my Mitsu DLP

Nor mine.

Sharp as a tack, clear as a bell, and at 73" big enough to have me ducking and dodging.

·
Registered
809 Posts
well iam holding off for next years 3D plasma tvs. i was going to buy one this year butCES is in a few weeks. so iam sure they will have new 3d tvs and there will be more of them and they will be cheaper. for next year and the tech will be a little better, the 3d tech out now they started working on it in 2007, si its pretty good and like any thing it will get better and a little cheaper and it will be better it wont be leaps and bounds..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yep DLP's have the best 3D in terms of no crosstalk and clarity. You lose half the resolution in 3D but it is WELL worth it compared to a full resolution crostalk filled crap samsung. Unfortunately their input lag and their worse 2D quality kept me from buying one.

If 3D is the main reason you want a new TV, definitely get a Mitsubishi DLP. You could get a panasonic VT25 (pretty much no crosstalk), but the price tag is not worth the floating backs and failed 96hz mode.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Why do you guys nitpick so much? No TV will be perfect, not as long as technology keeps advancing.

So buy a TV and be happy!!

I got to see my Jayhawks in 3D last night, that was outstanding. Buy a Plasma or DLP and enjoy what will be a great improvement over what I am sure you have now.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Agree with the DLP guys. If you want one now, go Mits DLP, if not, wait.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUJayhawk20659 /forum/post/19616948

Why do you guys nitpick so much? No TV will be perfect, not as long as technology keeps advancing.

So buy a TV and be happy!!

I got to see my Jayhawks in 3D last night, that was outstanding. Buy a Plasma or DLP and enjoy what will be a great improvement over what I am sure you have now.

You have the most expensive 3D TV and the only one that does Full Res 3D with no crosstalk. Of course your 3D is outstanding.

c8000 will not do 3D nearly as well with the current firmware and glasses.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo0285 /forum/post/19611050

Wait!!! Current 3dtvs are plagued with issues like crosstalk, especially the samsungs.

Not my ln40c7000 Samsung LED. Watching anything converted to full rez (what ever the source is) 3D is great.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Wait for the 2011 models and do not buy them until you see them reviewed extensively.

Just running out and buying it with no reviews is a bad idea.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts