AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I think I'm going with Mit's 55411 soon for $2287. Just got to thinking and was wondering if there is any benefit to wait till the New Year. Will Mit's come out with a new model to this TV and drop the price of this one? Would I be able to get this TV for any less than this after the New Year? or is this a good price?

Just a few questions that came up and thought I would throw out in here to see what you all thought.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Prices will be lower after we get past the Super-bowl. Also there are some new releases due in Q1. Since TV tech is so volatile, it may be better to lease than buy so that you can constantly upgrade (don't think many leases are available in this business).

·
Registered
54 Posts
I waited a year before I bought my RPTV and basically I finally decided that no matter when I buy - 6 months later it will always be cheaper and within a year there will always be a new model out. As much as I hate that - I really love my TV and I just try to avoid looking at prices now....if you find a good deal you can afford - buy it and enjoy it!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
like DYH says, as soon as you buy something there will be something better on it's way to market. that seems like a decent price...although i personally wouldn't spend over $2000 on any tv that didn't have a DVI input.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't you think that if DVI becomes the standard they will still have to include COMP inputs also. There will be a lot of people very mad if they don't. Even if they just require them to include it for a few years. By then I will need a new TV anyway.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by htrob
Don't you think that if DVI becomes the standard they will still have to include COMP inputs also. There will be a lot of people very mad if they don't...
Probably yes, but that's not the issue. Whether HD content will be down-converted on everything (including component) except DVI is the issue you will be concerned about if should you be in the situation you describe. Do a search for more [mostly speculative] info regarding this.

Rich

·
Registered
505 Posts
I would sorta agree w/ Rich, except I think it's mostly an issue for premium cable/sat content and probably HD-DVD, whenever that becomes a reality--my guess is at least 5 years from now.

But then, that's partly why I chose the Panny 53". It's well below $2K, so I won't feel bad when I finally need to replace it 5-7 years from now w/ a 50" plasma that might cost about the same. :D

_Man_

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.