AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I need some advice. I currently have a pair of Sony SS-MF515 floor speakers and an unmatched center channel that I think I got from Radio Shack or something. (I know, I know). Anyway, I have been slowly upgrading things and recently got an Onkyo HT-RC360 receiver and a Bic America V-1220 subwoofer. I was going to buy a Polk CS1 center channel (that's the biggest that will fit in my entertainment center) from Newegg today, but noticed a combo deal on the CS1 plus two Monitor 60s. Should I bite the bullet and get the Monitor 60s even though the Sony's work fine? Will I notice a big difference between the old Sony's and the Monitor 60s?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnrbradley /forum/post/0

Hi everyone, I need some advice. I currently have a pair of Sony SS-MF515 floor speakers and an unmatched center channel that I think I got from Radio Shack or something. (I know, I know). Anyway, I have been slowly upgrading things and recently got an Onkyo HT-RC360 receiver and a Bic America V-1220 subwoofer. I was going to buy a Polk CS1 center channel (that's the biggest that will fit in my entertainment center) from Newegg today, but noticed a combo deal on the CS1 plus two Monitor 60s. Should I bite the bullet and get the Monitor 60s even though the Sony's work fine? Will I notice a big difference between the old Sony's and the Monitor 60s?

If this is for movie watching I would say def do it. For HT it is important to have the front soundstage match.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro /forum/post/20780966

If this is for movie watching I would say def do it. For HT it is important to have the front soundstage match.

Yes, mostly for home theater. We'll listen to music, as well, but my main aim is to make movie-watching better. Right now, with our Cerwin-Vega HT-S5 center channel, we have a really hard time understanding the words - especially during loud sequences.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnrbradley /forum/post/0

OK, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. The sale ends today and I didn't want to miss out. I'm excited to get them and compare to my current setup.

I think you will be very happy. I have 60's and a CS2 up front and movies sound great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.