AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which player works best with my 55" sxrd? It will be used more for SD dvds but see and occasional HD DVD. I am tired of doing searches. I just want to make up my mind so I can buy one or the other. Give me your thoughts please....

anyone have any experience with either or both players and the SXRDs?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think either or will suit you fine. Both are very good players and have very good upconversion of SD Dvds,IMHO. Both come with 300 and Bourne Identity in the box. What resolution does your Sony HDTV support?

·
Registered
28,802 Posts
I've got an A2 with that 55" SXRD and it looks fantastic. I doubt you'll go wrong with either model. What's the price difference?

·
Registered
5,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norske /forum/post/12881725

Which player works best with my 55" sxrd? It will be used more for SD dvds but see and occasional HD DVD. I am tired of doing searches. I just want to make up my mind so I can buy one or the other. Give me your thoughts please....

anyone have any experience with either or both players and the SXRDs?

I have an A3 with a 60" version of the same tv. PQ is identical to 1080p from my PS3. Upconversion is excellent with both. I see no reason to spend the extra money on the A30.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't care for my A30 on my SXRD my XA1 has a better picture. The XA1 = my PS3 for PQ but the A30 is soft. I have not updated the A30 yet so hopefully that will help but if I had to do it over again I would buy the A3.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate the input from you all. Thanks

price difference is $50.00 between the A3 and A30

1 - 8 of 8 Posts