AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got buyers remorse and my PJ has not even arrived yet. Anyone else experience the same. There are too many choices. I want it all.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Just be happy with what you ordered and remember there is always next time
. To get it all you need 8k for a RS2 pretty much.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I think this is one reason the Mits 4900 is getting so much play. With the rebate, it is priced that you could realistically upgrade in a year or two, sell it, and not be out too much money.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsims2719 /forum/post/12900553

I have got buyers remorse and my PJ has not even arrived yet. Anyone else experience the same. There are too many choices. I want it all.

LOL... which projector did you buy?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PT-AX200U. I have always been a DLP person and I decided to take the plunge into LCD. Now I can't sleep at night wondering about dust blobs, Vertical Banding and panel convergence. Will so company please create the perfect projector for under 1500.00 in the next few years so I can find another obsession.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
The key is to buy from a company that allows you a short demo period. Even though 2-4 hours isn't a completely fair comparison, since it wouldn't allow time for a complete calibration etc....it will give you some idea if it's something you can enjoy or live with.

I recently had an Epson 1080UB for a couple of hours. I knew right away I liked my BenQ 8720 better (DLP vs LCD-probably). But, the recent review on Proj. Central says that I may have been wrong...but I think in the end it was right for me.

So my advice is give yourself an opportunity to demo first.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, that's the same position that I'm in. I have always had dlp and loved the picture but have always felt that I was in the catagory of people who get fatigued after viewing although I have never seen a rainbow. To me, while good, a dlp image always looks to digital. I am anxious to see the smoothscreen tech and the more film like quality. Luckly I bought from PP so I have 4 hours to decide. If I decide to return it I will most likely go with the Infocus 7210.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i just got the panny 200 and the pic is awsome! i dont think you will be disapointed. 2000 has to really be great

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's funny I asked the salesperson if she has had any returns on the 200s and she said no. She did however say that a lot of the 2000s are being returned.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
Though I agree that DLP can have a more digital appearance, I think the fault can also be found in the projector settings. I used to crank up the sharpness, until someone showed me the downside of the image and have learned to live with the proper sharpness settings. Second and more important is to have your projector ISF calibrated. This will go a long way in getting a more satisfying image. It seems everytime I make a projector purchase, I convince myself that with a few at home tweaks I've accomplished a satisfying image. Not until I breakdown and hire an ISF cal., do I "see" what i've been missing.

For those living in the midwest or central southern states, I recommend a fellow AVS member, Doug Weil. His contact information can be found here:

http://lionav.com/mdougweil.php

·
Registered
26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster /forum/post/12904742

Though I agree that DLP can have a more digital appearance, I think the fault can also be found in the projector settings. I used to crank up the sharpness, until someone showed me the downside of the image and have learned to live with the proper sharpness settings. Second and more important is to have your projector ISF calibrated. This will go a long way in getting a more satisfying image. It seems everytime I make a projector purchase, I convince myself that with a few at home tweaks I've accomplished a satisfying image. Not until I breakdown and hire an ISF cal., do I "see" what i've been missing.

For those living in the midwest or central southern states, I recommend a fellow AVS member, Doug Weil. His contact information can be found here:

http://lionav.com/mdougweil.php

I live in Colorado. What does an ISF do and what is the normal charge?

Thanks

·
Registered
721 Posts

Quote:
Now I can't sleep at night wondering about dust blobs, Vertical Banding and panel convergence.

What a load of bs. Why not wait til you get the PJ and run it for 500+ hours before you come to conclusions?

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner /forum/post/12904972

I live in Colorado. What does an ISF do and what is the normal charge?

Thanks

Here's a good basic info on ISF

http://www.isfcalibration.com/Intro.htm

For pricing, please refer to the Lions site I linked. There prices are in-line with averages from my experience.

If you are looking for someone in your area...again try the Lion's site or

www.imagingscience.com

We also have a whole forum dedicated to display calibrations (within this category of forums-at the bottom).

Ron

·
Registered
571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsims2719 /forum/post/12900553

Remorse. !!!!!!!

YOU should be so lucky.

Life Is To Short ..

don't sweat the small stuff.

there are people in Russia still Excited viewing 19inch color crt's with rabbit ears rapped in foil.

Enjoy your big screen ....

and for God Sakes tell your kids they were the best decision you ever Made. ( and if you dont have any yet dont forget in the future )

cheers

Murph

·
Registered
314 Posts
And so the Crack Whore begins.

I always said that this HT thing is way more addictive then crack. Nobody here can stop upgrading, changing, painting, adding equipment, continue to debate white vs. silver vs. gray screens, then there's big/better...etc.

This not going to be the last time you think and lose sleep after ordering something.

...just think if I spent another $50 buck I could've got...

·
Registered
571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdoberman /forum/post/12906331

I always said that this HT thing is way more addictive then crack. Nobody here can stop upgrading, changing, painting, adding equipment, continue to debate white vs. silver vs. gray screens, then there's big/better...etc.

This not going to be the last time you think and lose sleep after ordering something.

Quote:

OW MY GOD!!! LOL

cheers

Murph

·
Registered
133 Posts
This discussion reminds me of when I suffered buyers remorse--three years after I bought a Samsung CRT HDTV (2003) the power supply went berserk on me. I bought it for the Black Levels which were great, but to my dismay, I discovered it had an uncorrectable (due to only two quadrant manipulation) geometric distortion in the lower right quadrant.As soon as I received the tv back from repair shop I tested the contrast with Avia and the lines (which supposedly test the capability of the power supply) were even worse.

It stopped working again last week, can't say I'm suprised. I keep thinking I could have got that Sanyo PLZ-2...or was it 3? Lugging around 122 lbs of display was not fun. At all.

Now I'm in the market for a FP myself, and I feel the prophetic weight of buyers remorse, like dark clouds on the horizon. I'm determined to get the better deal this time, and at least not break my back in the process.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdoberman /forum/post/12906331

Sadly, all too true.

Can't...stop.....upgrading.......almost....to.......perfecti on....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had my pt-ax200 for 6 days and loosing sleep on it. got it from PP, didn't know about 4 hr trial. I thought I was just too picky wanting perfection...my family doesnt understand...

I thought i saw a pixel...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a store you could go to to demo all projectors. Kind of like they do with audio booths. You go in push a button and can hear a speaker or amp or player. Same thing only have it for projectors and they are all calibrated and the customer service actually knows about the products.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts