AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running my system with a 50w/ch Marantz NR1602.

I'm currently set-up with new Wharfedale 102 Diamond Bookshelf speakers w/stands. These cost me $650 - shipped.

I've paired them with the Klipsch RW-12D.

I'm relatively happy with the performance. However, I'm now seeing "deals" on the internet that are making me think that I could do better at that same price point (even if I have to pay to ship my speakers back).

My room is an open concept living room with a 14X14' listening area - without a "back wall". The back of the room opens to the kitchen area - the total open space is appx 14X40'.

I'm running a 2.1 system for music and movies with the idea of upgrading to 3.1 and then 5.1 eventually. I listen to all styles of music from Jazz to Country.

My options seem to be:

- Keep Wharfedale 10.2's and stands. ($650 + Potential Return Shipping)

- Change to: Wharfedale 10.5 Floor Standers ($650 - shipped)

- Change to: Mission MX3 Floor Standers ($590 - shipped)

- Change to: Acoustic Energy Neo V2 Three ($720 - shipped)

- Change to: Used Paradigm Monitor 7 V3 ($500 - shipped)

- Some other great deal I've not found yet.

All of these would still be paired with the Klipsch RW-12D.

Am I just going through some form of Buyers Remorse and I should just leave things alone?

Is there a general rule of thumb regarding when to use Books+Stands vs Floors as fronts in a home theater?

Based on your experiences/opinions are any of the above deals (or other recommended deal) something that I shouldn't pass up - even if it requires shipping my current setup back?

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubicleCrusher  /t/1469617/buyers-remorse-floors-vs-books-advice#post_23236346

Is there a general rule of thumb regarding when to use Books+Stands vs Floors as fronts in a home theater?
Bookshelves if you have subs, floors if you don't. Since few floors go as low as subs books plus subs tend to be the better choice for HT, which typically goes an octave lower than music.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts