AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I bought a 58 inch C8000 yesterday and I got a really good deal on it. However now I am having buyers remorce. Can somone convince me to keep this TV. I almost went with the Panasonic 58VT25 but I ended up with the samsung because it was a lot cheaper.


I am a Panasonic guy. I have only owned Panasonic plasmas. Can someone convince me that I made a good buy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunnerv6 /forum/post/19646240


Why do you have buyers remorse?

Was wondering the same thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well... part of the reason is that I haven't picked it up yet... They didn't have any in stock so they ordered it and its in today. I have been reading about the buzzing problems and other assorted issues and I just want to make sure that I am getting a quality set.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
Alot of people have the Samsung tv and like it...while some don't. The same has been said for the Panasonic and LG. The only thing that will really convince you is using the tv. If you don't like it, take it back and get a different one. That seems simplistic, but it's the reality of buying these new tv's.


You could change your mind to Panasonic w/o trying the Samsung. But since you didn't go with Panasonic due to cost, then you will be using the Panasonic and wonder if you could have gotten similar quality for less in the Samsung. Thus, buyers remorse again.


There is no guarantee either way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertcobra99 /forum/post/19646797


well... part of the reason is that I haven't picked it up yet... They didn't have any in stock so they ordered it and its in today. I have been reading about the buzzing problems and other assorted issues and I just want to make sure that I am getting a quality set.

A lot of us do not have any issues and you may as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryld /forum/post/19647013


A lot of us do not have any issues and you may as well.

Alright I'll give it a go. I'll report my findings. On a side note... I have a sanus mount in my living room. I have my panasonic up there now. can I put this TV up using the same mounts or am I going to need a special adaptor?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am beyond pissed right now. The tv that I got from best buy didn't even turn on. I didn't notice until I got home but this tv had been used before and had a tag taped to the side of it that said it was returned because it wouldn't turn on. They then proceeded to package it back up and sell it to me without testing it. How nice of them. I hope they try to make things right with me because now I have to lug this paper weight 40 miles back to the store. Do you guys think I can get a discount on the next one because of this crap?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
975 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertcobra99 /forum/post/19649804


I am beyond pissed right now. The tv that I got from best buy didn't even turn on. I didn't notice until I got home but this tv had been used before and had a tag taped to the side of it that said it was returned because it wouldn't turn on. They then proceeded to package it back up and sell it to me without testing it. How nice of them. I hope they try to make things right with me because now I have to lug this paper weight 40 miles back to the store. Do you guys think I can get a discount on the next one because of this crap?

WOW! I would DEMAND a discount or walk away and buy elsewhere! Make sure to go through the stores main manager.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertcobra99 /forum/post/19649804


I am beyond pissed right now. The tv that I got from best buy didn't even turn on. I didn't notice until I got home but this tv had been used before and had a tag taped to the side of it that said it was returned because it wouldn't turn on. They then proceeded to package it back up and sell it to me without testing it. How nice of them. I hope they try to make things right with me because now I have to lug this paper weight 40 miles back to the store. Do you guys think I can get a discount on the next one because of this crap?

well now you can go back and get a new one for that great price.. insist on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertcobra99 /forum/post/19649804


...tv had been used before and had a tag taped to the side of it that said it was returned because it wouldn't turn on. They then proceeded to package it back up and sell it to me without testing it. ...

It's bad enough the tv didn't work. It's worse that it has a tag on it saying it doesn't work and they still sold it to you. But at least that is physical proof in your favor.


I agree with the other poster. Demand something for your trouble since there is no doubt that you are not at fault on this. Just be willing to walk away from the deal if you don't like it.
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top