AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of debating, reading, and viewing reviews and commons, I decided to buy a LG Tv, 42lh90. Before that, I wanted a panasonic g10, but when avs reported about the black problem, I changed my mind. I have been searching on the internet and the price for the tv ranges from $1000 to $1,100. This would be my first time buying a Tv online, so please help me select a reputable store.

Currently, there are 3 stores that I am interest at. Please give me some input.

Adorama at 1,010., Number1Direct and Home Technology Store for 1,100.

The problem with Adorama is if I signed the bill, and there were damage, they will not issue an exchange.

For Number1Direct and Home Technology Store, they give a 24 hour to report, and they say that they will give me an exchange. However, there are not a whole lot of reviews about them, and really give me a second thought.

Which store should I go? What is the best way to inspect a TV, and is there a limit that a carrier can wait, and should I inspect in front of the carrier?

Please give me some input.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I bought an LG42LH20 for $450 from Newegg. No inspection, wife just signed for it. Got lucky and there was no damage, Newegg double boxed it. BTW LG is an awesome TV, even my entry level set looks great. I can't see how the LH90 will look TWICE as good even though it costs twice as much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are lucky. But NewEgg is out of stock on that one. Otherwise I will purchase from them.

I have read so many horror stories and really need which store I can trust. This would be my first HDTV, and I don't want it to have it broken.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickHM /forum/post/18288685

After months of debating, reading, and viewing reviews and commons, I decided to buy a LG Tv, 42lh90.......Currently, there are 3 stores that I am interest at. Please give me some input.

Adorama at 1,010., Number1Direct and Home Technology Store for 1,100.

The problem with Adorama is if I signed the bill, and there were damage, they will not issue an exchange.

Adorama policy is as follows:
LCD and plasma TVs

Upon delivery, please inspect the TV and insure that it is not physically damaged and in operable condition.

DO NOT SIGN the delivery manifest until you have inspected the TV. Once you sign for the item, you are signing acceptance of the product as is.

If the merchandise is damaged, please make the notation on the delivery manifest, and have the person delivering the merchandise sign as a witness to the damages.

I think you will find that most, if not all, retailers would query a claim for shipping damage made after the departure of the shipper. That is why we ask you to inspect the item in the presence of the shipping agent - as it is they who would be responsible for meeting the cost of any damage caused during shipping.

I hope this clarifies the procedure, but don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist with anything else.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daman22 /forum/post/18295192

not to hijack, but is newegg.com a safe saite to buy moniors? thinking of buying a samsung monitor/tv from them...

Oh man! Haven't been here in a long time... just browsing but I couldn't not reply; In my experience Newegg has the best customer service on the planet (or close to it). Can't say if you'll be happy with what you buy, but... Newegg is as safe as it gets, imho.

Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrenceQ /forum/post/18292994

another reputable store ->

Check out their return policy:
"You may return most new, unopened items sold and fulfilled by Amazon.com within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error. Items should be returned in their original product packaging. Just visit our online Returns Center, and we will guide you through the process and even supply you with a return mailing label you can print out."

Thanks TerrenceQ for the advice. I have decided to go with Home Technology Store. They also give me some discount,too. I don't mean to insult Adorama, but their policy for tv is too strict and not customer friendly.

Can't wait for my first ever HDTV.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought my new TV from Adorama, the set was shipped via manna freight from Jersey to So. California and set in my living room with no charge for delivery. the delivery man opened the box and helped me lift it on to the stand. Ordered on a tuesday, watching it the next tuesday....

I would/will buy from adorama without hesitation.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo /forum/post/18296819

I bought my new TV from Adorama, the set was shipped via manna freight from Jersey to So. California and set in my living room with no charge for delivery. the delivery man opened the box and helped me lift it on to the stand. Ordered on a tuesday, watching it the next tuesday....

I would/will buy from adorama without hesitation.

Thank you!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'd highly recommend Amazon. Great experiences with them from HDTV's to gaming consoles, and other big ticket items. Whenever I've had a problem, they quickly and efficiently handled it to my satisfaction.

·
Registered
64 Posts
have you tried showing a BestBuy store internet price from Amazon and/or Newegg....

they could very well price match....

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Doesn't anyone read the Forum rules anymore before posting threads like this? C'mon people, really!!

AVS Members:

Please remember that AVS Forum is a place for people to talk about Home Theater and how to better it. It is where people come for advice on how they can get the best of what they own and to learn more about this hobby we love. People new to Home Theater also come to AVS Forum to receive advice on how to setup a theater and what may work for them in their home. we have professionals for all walks of life both seeking help and giving it freely.

What makes AVS Forum work so well? Well we try very hard to keep marketing posts and pricing off the site for this is not what we want AVS Forum to be. If we allowed it, it would quickly happen and AVS Forum would not be attractive to members looking to get help from others with the same passion.

With that said...I would like to add some rules in this forum area that seem to be needed due to past issues....SO PLEASE...

1) Do Not post pricing you found on-line or at a local dealer.

2) Do Not ask for, or offer, a receipt so people can price match.

3) Do Not say to "Call John Smith at ..." (you know what I mean)

4) Do Not put down someone else's choice in their purchase.

5) Do Not start a thread asking for the best TV for $XXXX or I have a $XXXXX to spend

6) Do Not Discus where to buy a TV.

7) No Power buys: you cannot start or solicit Power buys

Posts falling into the above mentioned items, as well as the main site rules, can and will be removed without notice. As you are well aware, we can not see all posts that are made and thus that is where the REPORT THIS POST option comes into play. Some posts may stand as you know after review, but please try to help put to keep AVS Forum clean of marketing. A member that continues down the same line of posting where his/her posts needed to be removed can be removed from the site.

I hope you can respect what we are asking, for our mission at AVS Forum is not how to get the best price, but how to achieve the best out of the gear you own or are looking to own.

Thank you kindly.

AVS Advertisers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts