AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have 1 Omni S12 and love it. I would like to add a second as I am in a rather large room. I checked Miragespeakers.com and the only listed dealer in Calgary Canada is Soundsaround. I went to Soundaround(where I originally purchased my current S12 approx 1 year ago) and they don't normally sell them anymore. They said they could order me one in, but it would be full price to the tune of nearly $900CAD(I paid $499 for my current S12).

Can anyone point me to an Online Retailer in Canada that sells Mirage products? I've had no luck finding one, and all the US retailers like vanns.com don't ship to Canada.

Thanks very much for any help providided!

Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah no doubt about that. Well, I'd be very happy buying another S12 for $499, or even $599. I really wish I had bought two of them when they were on sale last year. I generally don't like Soundsaround, but there used to be another Mirage Dealer in Calgary. My brother bought some speakers from them about five years ago, but they don't list Mirage on their website anymore. I am shure it was K & W Audio. Thanks anyways for your input.

Chris

·
Registered
247 Posts
Vanns.com has the S12 on sale right now for $399, w/ free shipping. I don't see anything on the site about shipping to Canada, so you could do a couple of things. One would be contact their customer support and see if they could ship it to you. Even if you don't get the free shipping deal, they might be able to do something. Otherwise, if you have any US friends, have them order it and then ship it to you. I think you'd still come in under $499.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbus
Vanns.com has the S12 on sale right now for $399, w/ free shipping. I don't see anything on the site about shipping to Canada, so you could do a couple of things. One would be contact their customer support and see if they could ship it to you. Even if you don't get the free shipping deal, they might be able to do something. Otherwise, if you have any US friends, have them order it and then ship it to you. I think you'd still come in under $499.
Thanks for your help Orbus. I think I might do that... my only concern would be Duty and Tax that I'd have to pay to get the sub over the border. I have a brother that lives in Michigan so it may be possible to do what you say. I will give Vanns a call cause I love their prices, and the US/Canadian exchange isn't too bad anymore. Thanks very much for your input.

Chris

·
Registered
247 Posts
Glad to be of help. I don't know much about the duties and such to take things across the border, unfortunately. Hopefully it wouldn't all come to more than $100.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
You'll pay GST and PST (if applicable to province of entry) on the sub. So even after exchange rate, you'll be at less than $480+GST+PST. But they won't take Canadian credit cards, so you'll have to get your brother to order for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for everyones help.

I called Vanns.com and confirmed that they won't ship outside of the USA. I am gonna talk to my Brother and see if he's willing to help me out. I will post back if I buy a second sub and let you know my thoughts of having two Omni S12's!

CHRIS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.