AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
8,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Onkyo 707 died, I need a new AVR. I realize it will be hard to top a TX-SR707 for $600, but this was an unexpected expense, and I am also getting hit with replacing a sumpump at the same time, so I just can not absorb any bigger blow than that. In fact, I would love to pay less. However, I don't want something that is a big step down from the 707.

What I need:

7.1 sound

some kind of room correction equalization

3 HDMI inputs

What I would like to have but can live without:

4 HDMI inputs

2 HDMI outs

Pre-outs for all seven channels

As good as if not better amplifier than the Onkyo 707

Audyssey MultiEQ XT

I am looking at the Yamaha RX-V775WA, that is my front runner at the moment. Anything else I should consider?

·
Registered
9,208 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ  /t/1526435/buying-a-new-avr-600-max-which-is-the-best#post_24583471

My Onkyo 707 died, I need a new AVR. I realize it will be hard to top a TX-SR707 for $600, but this was an unexpected expense, and I am also getting hit with replacing a sumpump at the same time, so I just can not absorb any bigger blow than that. In fact, I would love to pay less. However, I don't want something that is a big step down from the 707.

What I need:

7.1 sound

some kind of room correction equalization

3 HDMI inputs

What I would like to have but can live without:

4 HDMI inputs

2 HDMI outs

Pre-outs for all seven channels

As good as if not better amplifier than the Onkyo 707

Audyssey MultiEQ XT

I am looking at the Yamaha RX-V775WA, that is my front runner at the moment. Anything else I should consider?

Yamahas don't have Audyssey and the ones at your price level have no sub EQ.

You're going to have a hard time finding XT, pre-outs and 2 HDMI outs for $600, unless you go used or possibly refurbished.

Emotiva's Fusion 8100 fits the bill other than Audyssey. Though Emotiva's ARC is MUCH more user customizable. Of course then there is Emotiva's reputation, good and bad.

·
Registered
7,811 Posts
And the poster stated that he can live without Audyssey. The AVR purchased is just as capable as any others in his price range and better than most.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts