AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After MUCH research I think my new purchase will be the Panasonic TH-46PZ80U.. I've been Patiently waiting till Superbowl for the best price and this is what i've come up with so far... I need to know should i jump on this price now???? Wait till closer to superbowl?? and help with warrenty (Should i Or shouldnt I get one) Im Asking for ur guys input also what do you think of this choice of a set used mostly for Gaming??? Here is the prices ive found so far as of today.. Best Buy price is good untill 1/17

***EDITED TO REMOVE PRICE***

Online price 6ave.com = ** Good Deal ** with 3 yr Mack Warrenty

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ask yourself this: if you're spending anything over $100 on something, if it breaks because of something stupid the manufacturer did, wouldn't you want your money back or at least that they repair it for free?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo4114 /forum/post/15543820

Ask yourself this: if you're spending anything over $100 on something, if it breaks because of something stupid the manufacturer did, wouldn't you want your money back or at least that they repair it for free?

Ofcourse Anyone would answer yes to that question... The real question is between Best Buy and Mack Camera.. Please take a second to look at the link posted after Mack Camera in Original post.. Was woundering if anyone has had this problem with them before also just woundering on overall quality of my tv and time to purchase choice??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently upgraded from 42'' to 50''. After reading very good reviews about the TH-50PZ80u i decided on it during the christmas sales.

Much to my surprise i didnt like it at all, good thing about it is that the colors are very natural. But what i hated in that was pixelized images. Most dvd's i played were not at all fine. while my previous TV was playing better. I play lots of games and used to sharper images.

After 1 weeks of usage i returned it for PN50A550, yes it has little pinkish and yellowing stint but the image is definitely clear and sharp. Specially the edges of leaves etc are crystal clear. While Panasonic used to give a grained picture.

I have an average room condition neither bright nor dark. Use PS3 and Xbox 360. My friend also had similar exprience with 42'' PZ85u, he returned it for PN42A450 for same reason. End of day its your eye which is the judge.

To me 80u/85u and A550 look exactly similar in all the stores, i even took my own dvd along to test, but when i got it home they were totally different.

hope that helps

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
bulleteer the reason why dvd looked "pixelated" was because you went from 42" to 50" the same reason it looked less "sharp" because on a SD dvd the bigger you go the worse it will look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleteer /forum/post/15543890

I recently upgraded from 42'' to 50''. After reading very good reviews about the TH-50PZ80u i decided on it during the christmas sales.

Much to my surprise i didnt like it at all, good thing about it is that the colors are very natural. But what i hated in that was pixelized images. Most dvd's i played were not at all fine. while my previous TV was playing better. I play lots of games and used to sharper images.

After 1 weeks of usage i returned it for PN50A550, yes it has little pinkish and yellowing stint but the image is definitely clear and sharp. Specially the edges of leaves etc are crystal clear. While Panasonic used to give a grained picture.

I have an average room condition neither bright nor dark. Use PS3 and Xbox 360. My friend also had similar exprience with 42'' PZ85u, he returned it for PN42A450 for same reason. End of day its your eye which is the judge.

To me 80u/85u and A550 look exactly similar in all the stores, i even took my own dvd along to test, but when i got it home they were totally different.

hope that helps

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I don't buy warranties on electronics. I was spending a lot on them in the past and figured if something goes wrong it will usually happen under the manufacturers warranty. Think about what you have spent on extended warranties and how much you have had to use them. Flat screens also have a very low failure rate, much better than most consumer electronics.

Save the extra money and put it towards upgrading your next component.

The advantage to Best Buy is you can return it if you don't like it and get something else. I would go that route.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes /forum/post/15544761

I don't buy warranties on electronics. I was spending a lot on them in the past and figured if something goes wrong it will usually happen under the manufacturers warranty. Think about what you have spent on extended warranties and how much you have had to use them. Flat screens also have a very low failure rate, much better than most consumer electronics.

Save the extra money and put it towards upgrading your next component.

The advantage to Best Buy is you can return it if you don't like it and get something else. I would go that route.

This is true

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
bulleteer the reason why dvd looked "pixelated" was because you went from 42" to 50" the same reason it looked less "sharp" because on a SD dvd the bigger you go the worse it will look.

In that case i should be seeing them on samsung too. i would say in samsung the pixelation is 80% reduced. Not only me my friend and my wife too felt the same.

I used the Jurassic park DVD , the scene where they first see the dinosaur was totally unpleasant for eyes, now in Samsung its very neat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts