AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lucked out when I purchased my previous 47" living room TV, an LG 47LG70, as it supported chroma 4:4:4 and worked wonderfully as a computer monitor for a short period of time.

Fast forward a few years and I'd like to go to Best Buy (specifically, have a family member giving discount) and buy a brand new TV, something maybe larger, and I'd like to know what people suggest that's not an overpriced gimmicky 360MHz. 4D display but looks very sharp and especially works primarily well with a PC connected to it (via HDMI).

The chroma 4:4:4 thread hasn't been updated in a while and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations and could perhaps sort me out, if plasma's a good way to go or stick to LED? The primary focus is playing content from the PC, surfing on the PC (from a couch), and potentially playing some console games.

Much thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well coincidentally a colleague called me yesterday and asked if I had a recommendation for a 42" display for similar purposes and I passed along your suggestion. I guess he picked it up as he texted me to tell me it looks really good hooked up to his HTPC so thanks for that suggestion.

Considering that I was looking for a larger TV than my current 47", does your recommendation apply to the 5400 series, specifically the 50LN5400 and the 55LN5400?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.