AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya!

Wife just approved of me buying a new television and I need to do so quickly before she changes her mind. I was hoping you could help me out with what to get, or not to get.

So far, I have been looking at the Sony KDL-52XBR9 Television. I love the Network feature, and from past knowledge, I know Sony's XBR line usualy stood up well agaisnt other brands.

With a budget of 0 - 2500, what would you recommend? Can I go wrong with the XBR9 series television? It does not have an LED backlight, but those are usualy very expensive from what I am seeing.

Any help would be great. (I prefer Sony, Panasonic, LG ... almost anyone except Samsung to be honest).

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've heard some rough stuff about the XBR9 series. The components aren't made by sony anymore, and instead replaced with cheaper components. Consensus seems to be Samsung is one of the leaders right now.

I'm currently shopping around myself, but my budget is a little lower so I'm going with the LN40B630. It has the same screen basically as the 650, which is on par with the 750. Only major complaint is a slight bit of blue in the blacks, which I frankly can't see any real complaints and the 630 is a matte screen, instead of glossy, which just doesn't tickly my fancy.

I've heard some really good things about the G10 as well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know about Sony and their parts now...

I will check out Samsung .. I had a bad experience with one a while back, but I did buy their cheapest line at the time so things could be different.

Most websites are putting Samsung at the top, so it is worth a shot. Does Samsung offer any type of Ethernet ports on their televisions for Internet, and Audio / Video from PC's like sony does?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Phluxed,

Thanks for the input. The 750 looks amazing and that looks like my decision (and cheaper than the xbr9 as well). I have just finished reading some expert reviews on it and they all say that this is the best lcd money can buy right now!

The LED ones are very nice, but out of my price range. Thanks for your input, I believe you just saved me money and a head ache when from when the XBR may of broken.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.