AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I've been struggling to find the perfect TV for my living room. I need some help, the room gets a lot of light. I've tried a few and had problems, can anyone make any suggestions?

What I've tried so far:

UN46D6900W Samsung LED - Picture looked very fake/soap operaish. Motion Blur...

PN51D550C1 Samsung Plasma - Awesome picture, but the glare made it unusable for a 3 hour window in the middle of the day.

KDL55-EX723 Sony LED - Picture was awesome, 3-D is blurry in the background, apparently a known flaw with this TV

We are looking for a 50-55" with a budget of $1900.00.

What suggestions do you have??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan /forum/post/20852573

Panasonic TC-P55GT30.

Leaves $100 for a set of curtains.

LOL, thanks Jonnythan, however $100 won't cover the divorce attorney. My wife doesn't want to change the blinds in the room... :-( Any other TV suggestions?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
if you're basing this on what you saw in the showroom, see if you can shutdown off automotion+ on the Samsung - that'll get rid of the soap opera effect you see

maybe that'll bring the 3x sets closer to each other for a basis

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey /forum/post/20852671

if you're basing this on what you saw in the showroom, see if you can shutdown off automotion+ on the Samsung - that'll get rid of the soap opera effect you see

maybe that'll bring the 3x sets closer to each other for a basis

Thanks NorthJersey, I actually have brought all three models home and tried them. Not basing off the showroom floor. With the Samsung I tried turning off the automation and had a lot of motion blur. In the past I've had a Plasma and someone said they think I'm spoiled from the pristine picture. I'd much rather get an LED and save the $$ with power consumption and get away from the heat with the Plasma...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.