AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying either an LG PB6650 or a Samsung F5300 online. The only thing holding me back are the return policies of the sellers/shippers that sell these tv's. As I understand the deal, if a tv is not obviously damaged in shipment & noted by the delivery person, the tv is not returnable, even if it fails to turn on & function normally from day one. In this latter case, to get the tv fixed or replaced is a long & arduous journey better handled by a lawyer. While buying an hdtv is always a gamble that it may not work for much more than a year, even when purchased from a big box store, it seems to me buying any tv online is taking a gamble that the tv ever works at all. Is there something I'm missing here?

For example, the LG plasma can be purchased online from Adorama Camera. If the tv is damaged in shipping and the damage is confirmed by the delivery person, you can file a claim with Adorama Camera. If they are any problems that can't be blamed on shipping, you are SOL - you are better off buying a used TV on Craigslist where at least you get to see it working before you plunk down your money.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I'm considering buying either an LG PB6650 or a Samsung F5300 online. The only thing holding me back are the return policies of the sellers/shippers that sell these tv's. As I understand the deal, if a tv is not obviously damaged in shipment & noted by the delivery person, the tv is not returnable, even if it fails to turn on & function normally from day one. In this latter case, to get the tv fixed or replaced is a long & arduous journey better handled by a lawyer. While buying an hdtv is always a gamble that it may not work for much more than a year, even when purchased from a big box store, it seems to me buying any tv online is taking a gamble that the tv ever works at all. Is there something I'm missing here?

For example, the LG plasma can be purchased online from Adorama Camera. If the tv is damaged in shipping and the damage is confirmed by the delivery person, you can file a claim with Adorama Camera. If they are any problems that can't be blamed on shipping, you are SOL - you are better off buying a used TV on Craigslist where at least you get to see it working before you plunk down your money.

If the TV is undamaged when it arrives to you and it does not turn on( a highly unlikely scenario)...then it is covered under the warranty of the manufacturer

As long as the seller is an authorized dealer

Used Tv's on Craigslist don't have a factory warranty do they?

Warren

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. It has turned out to be a non-issue as I've found the 60" F5300 B model in stock at a BB that is within driving distance. It will only require that I talk my wife into doing a little remodeling of the game room to accommodate a 60" vs 50/51". :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm considering buying either an LG PB6650 or a Samsung F5300 online. The only thing holding me back are the return policies of the sellers/shippers that sell these tv's...................

For example, the LG plasma can be purchased online from Adorama Camera. If the tv is damaged in shipping and the damage is confirmed by the delivery person, you can file a claim with Adorama Camera. If they are any problems that can't be blamed on shipping, you are SOL .......
Not at all - you will be covered by the manufacturer warranty! You are most welcome to email me directly: [email protected] if you have any additional queries about this - or anything else relating to any order from Adorama Camera.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts