AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies to Alan or Dave if this violates the board rules, I don't think it does.

Being in the IT industry, I have an opportunity to purchase an Infocus LP530 from Techdata for roughly $3500. My question to the forum members is this: Do I go ahead and pickup this (what i feel to be a) great deal? Or do I pay a little more for a projector sold to me by an authorized dealer that has opened the box, run the projector, checked it for dead/bad pixels etc?

I suppose if I DID purchase from TechData and there was a problem, I would have an easier time returning/replacing it than if I had bought it from some HongKong site.

Thanks for your time and opinions!

-sonic

·
Banned
770 Posts
The problem with buying from distribution is that you only recieve a one year warrany. InFocus goves two years to authorized AV dealers. Have fun shopping!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks AJ for the info!

From what I've found out, TechData *IS* and authorized InFocus dealer, so... there are no warranty issues.

My main question, would be. Should I go with TechData or someone else who will open the box and test the projector before they sell it to me.

My biggest fear is getting the projector from TechData and getting a dead pixel right out of the box-- or something to that extent.

Can anyone else offer their opinions/experiences?

Thanks a bunch!

-sonic

·
Banned
770 Posts
TechData is a great company (right here in Tampa bay area with us). They only person that can answer that question is you. If you want it QC'd then go that direction, if not then TechData

·
Registered
34 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.