AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had success buying a Pronto remote online and purchasing the programming services? I know these devices are set up for Dealers to sell / install, but I don't live in a major city with a dealer.

Are updates and changes convenient through the online programmers? I'm going to be controlling a TV, Projector, AV Receiver, DVD Player, PS3, XBox 360, and a Wii.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
4 Posts
as far as remote programming goes, it could be done, using the 'pack and go' feature of the pronto software, where the file is sent to you and can be uploaded to the remote without needed the pronto editing software on your computer.

it may take a few goes to get everything working properly though, macros and codes etc. though your equipment doesnt sound like it would be particularly hard to configure.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAR_GA /forum/post/14216033

Has anyone had success buying a Pronto remote online and purchasing the programming services? I know these devices are set up for Dealers to sell / install, but I don't live in a major city with a dealer.

Are updates and changes convenient through the online programmers? I'm going to be controlling a TV, Projector, AV Receiver, DVD Player, PS3, XBox 360, and a Wii.

Thanks for any advice!

Learn to program Pronto yourself. It is not that hard. Why depend on others to do a simple task like setting up your remote?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am computer literate and have no problems making mods to my Windows Mobile phone; I didn't know how easy it was to work with the Pronto.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I'm very interested in this also since my dilemma is simular.

Does someone know of a good programming tutorial for the pronto?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I will be programming my first TSU9600 for a client of mine. So far, I've spent at least a couple hours just staring at the Pronto Edit Professional screen trying to figure out nothing more than where to start! It is a very intimidating application - a total "blank slate". Even loading one of the samples doesn't help you sort things out much.

Slowly but surely though, I will figure it out (I have to!). If I get proficient with it, I might just offer a programming service.

·
Registered
14,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotti /forum/post/14231892

I'm very interested in this also since my dilemma is simular.

Does someone know of a good programming tutorial for the pronto?

You need to define what you mean by "program".

Configuring a Pronto to work with equipment is a matter of learning all the codes you might need, dragging buttons into the screen layout and assigning those codes to the buttons.

Files for that sort of thing can be found at RC.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...toprofessional

Programming the Pronto is literally programming the Pronto to do specific tasks and give feedback to the display from devices. You need to understand Javascript for that and it's like writing a Web applet.

More indepth manuals can be found at the Prontoscript site.
http://www.pronto.philips.com/pronto...ex.cfm?id=1422

You need to be a level 1 cert at least to get access to that but there's no simple tutorial for Prontoscript. You may as well just buy a Javascript dummies guide and start there.

·
Premium Member
23,920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackssr /forum/post/14224150

Learn to program Pronto yourself. It is not that hard. Why depend on others to do a simple task like setting up your remote?

Agree someone who has never had experince in programming at all it's very easy it took me a few hours one night to understand it.I even bought a RF Extenter and learnt how to use R-S232 codes.To some of you it might be 'yeah so' but for someone like me it saved me plent of $$$$ in getting out a programmer.

·
Premium Member
23,920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyG /forum/post/14243509

I will be programming my first TSU9600 for a client of mine. So far, I've spent at least a couple hours just staring at the Pronto Edit Professional screen trying to figure out nothing more than where to start! It is a very intimidating application - a total "blank slate". Even loading one of the samples doesn't help you sort things out much.

Slowly but surely though, I will figure it out (I have to!). If I get proficient with it, I might just offer a programming service.

you will mate it's very easy after you see how its done.The manual was no help

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrotti /forum/post/14246513

Where can you buy these online? Isn't there some integrators only policy?

Ordered mine through the e*** auction place from a company claiming to be an authorized dealer. Great price and really great service, too.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin /forum/post/14251000

you will mate it's very easy after you see how its done.The manual was no help

Thanks for the encouragement! I have a decent amount of programming experience and I'm starting to make inroads now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts