AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new TV and want HDTV capability and widescreen. The Tosh 42H81 seems like one heck of a set. MY dilemna now is one of where to get it. Best Buy carries them and is close to home, but I'm afraid to invest that much money in them knowing how crappy their service is. I don't mind buying small stuff from them, but we're talking near $2K here. I've found it online from a very well-rated ABT Electronics for $1900 shipped, but then there's the lack of face-to-face if anything goes wrong. What are your opinions about online or B&M for this kind of purchase? Good/bad experiences for both?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I was in the same boat until we got a tweeters local. Mine arrives tuesday. The TV was just the right size, and being a toshiba has excellent qualities.

Have you hit up your local sears? They carry quite a few, and it you get them in the right mood they will often price match internet pricing. My local tweeters came down to 1850 even though they don;t match internet pricing either.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I broke down and bought mine locally last Thursday at $1800 before tax. I am forced to a corner placement with the layout of my family room (fireplace at the end) and this TV sits in the corner absolutely perfectly. So far, its awesome. :D

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Wow, sounds identical to my situation. Living room with fireplace. I had ~44' width between mantle and outside wall. The 42H81 fit perfectly under the mantle's 57' before it got bigger ( narrower for the TV ). The nice thing is with the toshiba it gets skinny real fast, and that's a goot thing as it will beplaced at a slight angle.

Now I'm waiting on delivery. I also have to build a shelf now too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.