AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm considering purchasing an emotiva amp. I live in Canada. I contacted Emotiva and they told me that their warranty only applies in the US.

Are there are any Canadians here who have purchased Emotiva products and had any problems with any of it? If so, did Emotiva do anything for you, or did you have to pay out of your own pocket to have any issues fixed?

Thanks.

·
The Village Idiot
9,748 Posts
Under the heading of International Orders on Emotiva's website it says this:

Service Related Issues

1. We will individually test your unit(s) to make sure it is working properly before shipping.

2. If service is required, the cost of shipping to us and return shipping is the sole responsibility of the end user. Should you choose to have the servicing done locally, we will offer any needed technical support by email or phone, as well as send any necessary replacement parts.

==========================

It sounds to me that you either misunderstood what you were told or the agent is misinformed. All that says is shipping costs are on your dime both ways - I didn't see anything that indicates you won't have any warranty.

Emotiva have quite a following in Canada. Why not read some of the Emotiva forums and in particular that part pertaining to Canadians ?

·
The Village Idiot
9,748 Posts
I pointed you to the Emotiva Lounge - and the Canadian section in particular. You can't get more "first hand experience" than that.

Did you try clicking on the link? It'll take a bit of reading but you'll find your answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.