AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing a FUJITSU P50XHA10, but I am concerned that the Fujitsu warranty does not covered these displays if purchased online. Should I consider this to be a problem? There isn't a Fujitsu authorized reseller in my area. How did some of you P50 owners purchase yours?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The disclaimer on the Fujitsu plasma website ( www.plasmavision.com ) is pretty clear -- no warranty is available for any online purchase. If you want a Fujitsu with a warranty, I would contact Fujitsu for brick & mortar dealers near you and try to work something out, as best you can.

Cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Joel is right the Fujitsu warranty does not cover product purchased in the Internet. I purchased my P50 at a B&M store for less than any price I found it for on the Internet. Check Fujitsu website for dealers near you. It is best to put in several zip codes for towns near you, since the site only list the 3 closes dealers to any one zip code.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I put in several zip codes in surrounding major cities, and traveled about 150 miles for the best deal. Better price than on the web and a great business owner.

John

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm also looking for a good deal at a B & M for the P50. I"m in the Boston area. D Swallow sent me a reference to a store in Pennsylvania (that some of you are probably aware of). Any other with suggestion in NE/NY/PA? PMs with prices/experience would be appreciated

Thanks G

·
Registered
143 Posts
You might call Fujitsu at 1-888-888-3424 and ask for nearby authorized dealers. I called them to verify a local dealer before purchasing my P42VHA20US, because they weren't listed on Fujitsu's web site.

Pete...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
darthemma, if you'll let people know where you live (and preferably change your profile info so your location appears under your nickname), there's a good (or at least far better than without) chance someone will be able to give you specific suggestions in your region.

Buying the P50 online really really is a bad idea; and don't automatically believe claims of third-party warranty coverage, as most of those we here in the forum have become aware of and read the fine print of say they extend the manufacturers warranty, so with no manufacturers warranty, you'd probably be buying a piece of paper.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, Doug. I live near Columbus, Ohio. (modified my profile too - newbie here - thanks for the suggestion).

I've gotten quite a range of prices on the P50. Not sure what's reasonable. If someone who has purchased this set recently is willing to PM me and let me know how much they paid and where they got it, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm also looking to get P42VHA20US, I'm located in NYC, can somebody PM with a dealer that sells them at good price?

thanks

alex

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ok, so I went to the plasmavision website to PM some of those asking the contact information of the store I bought mine at. It's no longer listed! It used to be. What does that mean? Is my warranty now void?

Mike

·
Registered
465 Posts
Mike,

There have been cases of authorized dealers not appearing on Fujitsu's website so if you are in doubt call Fujitsu.

jack

·
Registered
30 Posts
Everyone -

I hate jumping on the "fuji plasma band wagon" BUT....

I'm also in the market to purchase a P50XHA10US and would really appreciate PMs' on prices of B&M dealers in the Hoboken/NYC area.

Kalex -

if you have info. please PM me. That would be so helpful.

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm also in the market to purchase a P50XHA10US and would really appreciate PMs' on prices of B&M dealers in the Providence/Boston area. I would like to see one in the flesh also, although by all accounts on this forum, this is the one I want. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I live in a remote area in northern New York State (think Canada) and I purchased this unit in January of this year and I have used it a great deal over the past 5 months. It is simply fantastic! My dealer is located in Syracuse, about 2 hours away, and they treated me like royalty. They delivered it right to my home. I've got a really good warranty and a reputable dealer to back it up and one I know I can trust.

This is the best home theater purchase I have ever made. The HDTV and DVD pictures are outstanding. I only wish I could get TJN to provide me with his final settings after he calibrated for the recent SGHT review since there is not an ISF person anywhere around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.