AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

There are so much options and price difference that it's difficult to decide which one to buy.

It also must work with LED and laser if possible so that I'm settled for the future.

The meters I looked at are:

Photo Research 655/670

Minolta CS-1000

Orb Optronix SP-100 Reference Spectrophotometer

Progressive Labs MicroSpec Spectroradiometer

Are there people who work with those meters and know the most important differences and can help me to decide for the right choice.

Rob

·
Registered
1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dingen /forum/post/16945995

Hi

There are so much options and price difference that it's difficult to decide which one to buy.

It also must work with LED and laser if possible so that I’m settled for the future.

The meters I looked at are:

Photo Research 655/670

Minolta CS-1000

Orb Optronix SP-100 Reference Spectrophotometer

Progressive Labs MicroSpec Spectroradiometer

Are there people who work with those meters and know the most important differences and can help me to decide for the right choice.

Rob

Your chocies are:

PR-670 w/ 5nm option but with the 5nm you lose a bit of low light sensitivity

PR-730 w/ 5nm option has a sensor chiller so it goes much lower than the 670

CS-1000 is very heavy and large not meant to be a portable more of a lab bench device

SP-100 very good choice if you don't need a handheld with display and battery, requires a PC to use

MicroSpec also if you don’t need a handheld with display and battery, requires a PC to use, does not have a view finder or laser pointer

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Derek

The CS-1000 and the PR 7XX weight about the same and have both a sensor chiller.

Is it a deal breaker that the Microspec don't have a viewfinder?

I can buy a CS-1000 for €13.000,- maybe something less.

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.