AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are people buying 3D TV's for themselves or for the children in the family's, I'm struggling on buying 3D or not.

My daughter is 14 and maybe will watch the odd movie, I'm 58 yrs old and really not sure if I would use it, I'm a movie and sports person and not a gamer.

Just wondering why people are buying 3D, for family or just because it's a new item for us to spend $$$ on, thanks, Tom

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use it for movies and gaming. If setup correctly with the actual 3D content its stunning. Then again, some people are steroscopic blind...best thing is go to the store and try it out and see if you can 'see' it. I also do alot of gaming too...so that was another plus for me...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00CivicEx /forum/post/19544341

I use it for movies and gaming. If setup correctly with the actual 3D content its stunning. Then again, some people are steroscopic blind...best thing is go to the store and try it out and see if you can 'see' it. I also do alot of gaming too...so that was another plus for me...

I watched it for about 20 mins at Sears the other day, it was neat but when i took the glasses off I had a pretty good headache, my viewing Tv at home is on a pretty good angle which doesn't help.

I would think the people that are gamers would love this aspect, the extra $600 that it will cost me will buy some nice speakers for the front and a stand, thats the problem I'm having, need to find that level of contentment I guess.

·
Banned
19,253 Posts
People are buying 3DTVs because they enjoy 3D. For themselves and for the family.

The same reason why people install surround sound systems in their homes - to try to mimic the presentation they experience in movie theaters.

Previous to 2010, the only way to experience high resolution 3D in the home was with the antiquated Anaglyph 3D format (colored glasses) which bears no resemblence to the 3D you experience in movie theaters. Now you can experience full color, high resolution 3D in the comfort of your own home.

3D isn't for everyone. Some people are Stereo-Blind. They can't see 3D. Others have eye issues where 3D causes them discomfort, either during a 3D presentation or immediately afterwards.

·
Banned
1,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah1997 /forum/post/19544302

Are people buying 3D TV's for themselves or for the children in the family's, I'm struggling on buying 3D or not.

My daughter is 14 and maybe will watch the odd movie, I'm 58 yrs old and really not sure if I would use it, I'm a movie and sports person and not a gamer.

Just wondering why people are buying 3D, for family or just because it's a new item for us to spend $$$ on, thanks, Tom

I think the biggest reason is the WOW effect.

We should see how long will it last :)

Mathew Orman

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart /forum/post/19545159

hannah1997:

How many 3D movies have you attended in the last 12 months?

Just 2, they were ok, I think the sensation would be better and bigger in one's living room, just having trouble justifying the extra $600, haha

·
Banned
19,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah1997 /forum/post/19545299

Just 2, they were ok, I think the sensation would be better and bigger in one's living room, just having trouble justifying the extra $600, haha

Did you have this same experience after you left the theater for those two movies?

Quote:
I watched it for about 20 mins at Sears the other day, it was neat but when i took the glasses off I had a pretty good headache,

·
Banned
19,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah1997 /forum/post/19545642

No, don't remember that I did.....

I have the answer to your problem/question . . .

MAKE SURE there is a 30 day no question return policy . . . IN WRITING

You can then decide if 3D in your home is worth all the extra money. Make sure you get a 3D BD player (unless you have a PS3) and either get them to throw in some 3D BDs or buy some which would also be covered by the return policy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart /forum/post/19545879

I have the answer to your problem/question . . .

MAKE SURE there is a 30 day no question return policy . . . IN WRITING

You can then decide if 3D in your home is worth all the extra money. Make sure you get a 3D BD player (unless you have a PS3) and either get them to throw in some 3D BDs or buy some which would also be covered by the return policy.

In Canada the PX950 is bundled with the blue ray player and 2 pair of glasses and some movies thrown in, an extra pair of glasses are $100

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.