AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

After four years my klipsch promedia 2.1 THX speakers have died. They no longer turn on. I cannot locate any fried parts inside and the fuses are fine... However it all does smell burnt.

So in the case that I need to replace these, I am keeping my eyes open for a bargain that will deliver similar sound quality.

I have been in love with these speakers. I got them on sale at best buy for $99.00 however Its hard to find them at that price again.

I am looking for something less than $100.00 that can deliver similar sound quality, and will last a long time. I figured this forum would be full of people who would have experience with some type of cheap speaker setup that turned out to be amazing.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
o_O i think this forums has lots of experience with high end speakers not el cheapo ones hehe
Thing is PC Speakers aren't known for durability while a hifi speaker bought in the 70s could still be playing as i type this reply so
I suggest getting a used cheap stereo amp/avr (craiglist ftw) or T-amp, some bookshelf speakers and if you insist, a proper 8-10" sub down the road when u have more $$

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boon4376 /forum/post/20904362

I am looking for something less than $100.00 that can deliver similar sound quality, and will last a long time.

That's a rather tall order, and one you might have difficulty fulfilling, but here are a couple of links that may help get you started:

Eagle
Edifier
Altec Lansing
Genuis
Cyber Acoustics
Creative

Note that I'm not vouching for them, merely offering suggests for potential alternatives.

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Writer & Reviewer
8,934 Posts
I'm not familiar with the MicroLab, so I can't comment on that one, but I know for a fact the OP won't find the Edifier or Swans for anywhere near his $100 price point. I suspect that might be the biggest obstacle for him to overcome; I just don't think he'll find anything to match the ProMedia for what he's looking to spend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.