Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out how much replacement lamps run for projectors.:(

Do most of you really change your bulbs after the recommended 1000 or 2000 hrs? Or do the bulbs usually blow by that time?

Does this limit your use of the projector to just movies, or do you still use it for TV viewing or even computing? Just curious.

·
Registered
950 Posts
MaxC, the replacement of the bulb after its recommended time of use, seems to be a safety precaution, so that your bulb doesn't literaly blow up in your pj. This could cause some major damage to its internal parts, costing mucho $$$ to repair!

I have the NEC LT 150, and it has a lifespan of 1000 hrs, but 1100 hrs has been seen. With the recent Dell deals, I have purchased a replacement bulb for $272 including shipping. That works out to about 25 cents an hour. That seems well worth it for the pleasure I get.

I use the 150 mainly for DVD, but if I use it for TV viewing, it's usually PPV. The reason being, PPV has the best Satellite PQ with regard to compression artfacts, and piexlization. Watching regular sat signals can be trying because of poor PQ, even though I use a Crystalimage scaler, which does enhance the PQ.

The adage, *garbage in, garbage out* with regard to PQ holds true, whether using a scaler or HTPC.

HTH, VB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.