AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone offers a brand new factory sealed Lexicon MC-1 on ebay -- is the 3yr Manufactures warrantee Lexicon offers still valid

I asked several sellers about the warantee and the said:

"It is new, but I cannot give you any warranty as it would compromise the selling dealer at this price."

FYI price was 3400 about 1K lower than anything I could find new on the WEB

I guess I assumed that if something is brand new - there is a waranttee???

Please help translate this to me??? What are you experiences with this??? 3K seems alot to pay for no warantee??

Michael

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Who knows? It varies from company to company. Some companies like Denon specifically say they don't warrent sales by non-Authorized dealers. But I am sure there are cases where they probably did.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael M
If someone offers a brand new factory sealed Lexicon MC-1 on ebay -- is the 3yr Manufactures warrantee Lexicon offers still valid

I asked several sellers about the warantee and the said:

"It is new, but I cannot give you any warranty as it would compromise the selling dealer at this price."

FYI price was 3400 about 1K lower than anything I could find new on the WEB

I guess I assumed that if something is brand new - there is a waranttee???

Please help translate this to me??? What are you experiences with this??? 3K seems alot to pay for no warantee??

Michael
Lexicon, like most manufacturers, probably tracks product movement through serial numbers. You might consider asking the seller for the serial number then contact Lexicon to determine the status of the unit. If the seller refuses to give you the serial number I would then question the purchase.

·
Premium Member
26,161 Posts
I have been in the market for a Lexicon and it seems they take great care in tracking the serial numbers of each unit. Many sellers that i have come across use this as a selling point. This unit's serial number is xxxxxx. The assumption being you can call Lexicon and verify the unit. In the case of Lexicons, I would buy from only two sources....an authorized dealer or a private seller with a receipt in their name. If my information is correct, the warranty is transferable from both sources.

I would buy a used unit from AVS or another authorized dealer. I just bought one that is 10.5 months old for $2,250 (still has over two yrs left on the warranty) This is a trade in unit for the new MC-12. Th only thing I am giving up is the the ability to participate in another Lex trade in program since this unit has already been used for that purpose...another example of how well Lex tracks the serial numbers.

I hope this info is helpful...

Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.