AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my power supply to my HD Plasma.

1) Any views on getting parts from China (I would think not) but my repair guy is steering me away due to quality concerns.

2) My repair guys is also telling me he cannot just replace the part... he needs to replace it and then go through a series of calibrations to all the inputs when the unit is cold and hot and cold and hot.

Do I need a new repair guy?

Thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
What kind of TV?

Most manufacturers recommend aligning power supply voltages when the set has been on for 20 minutes. I normally do something similar, I'll check cold voltages, then again when warmed up. But the alignment that matters is warm.

Good luck,

Jim

If your TV is a Chinese manufacturer, then I suppose you could buy one there. I'm not sure how the company you are dealing with operates, but here is how I do with customer supplied parts. I charge a flat labor rate, fixed or not, and I don't provide any warranty. But each case and customer is different as is each tech.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.