AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very enthused about acquiring a 32" - 42" plasma/lcd display. I've gone to see the various alternatives via my local AV outlets including Best buy and CC. Yet there are seemingly so many "dealers" out in the world of the Net with prices that are as much as $800 - $1,000 less than comparable local dealers. Sales tax and shipping are about a wash, so the real issue is reliability of the resource as well as follow-on service if required.

I did buy my Sharp 9000 via an online dealer and was very satisfied yet somehow a 100 lb delicate object from an unknown source is a bit unsettling. I would welcome all of your collective wisdom on this matter.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Trust the sponsors at the top here and I don't believe you can go wrong. I just purchased my 42" HD plasma from one of them and was totally 100% satisfied.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I just purchased a 37" panny plasma on line from plasma extreme.

It came 3 days after I ordered it, and I got an upgraded model to boot!

Lisa was very professional and prompt in her communication with me when I had any questions.

Cheers, VB

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have purchased from Plasma Extreme and Visual Apex. These are first rate companies (and there are more, I'm sure) and you will get better support and service than from most B&M stores. Have no fear.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I agree 100% with the above comments. Buy with a credit card and you are very safe using any of the dealers mentioned. Another place to check is Dell, who often has sales and free shipping deals. If you buy from their home (not the small business) division, you will not have to pay local sales tax.

After-sale warranty service is usually handled by the mfr, so should be about equal whether you shop online or via a B&M store. A couple of exceptions (there may be others) are Fujitsu, who will not honor their warranty for anything bought online; and Panasonic, who offers "carry-in" service for some of their commercial models sold online vs. in-home service for most units bought from B&M stores. Most of the online stores will provide immediate replacement if a set is DOA, and often for 10-30 days thereafter.

You are correct - it is often possible to save hundreds or even thousands of dollars buying an expensive plasma online, and you will usually be dealing with a much more knowledgeable individual than the typical sales rep at CC or BB or similar stores.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.