AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i have been reading around ur forums and it shows u all know what ur talking about so i am asking for some help if u dont mind

to start with i only have 700 dollars to spend

i am tryin to buy a projector for my livingroom ( it is bright with lots of sun light getting in but not direct light and i cant really stop )

so i have been lookin at projectors and from what i have found out the better the lumens and contrast ratio the better the picture even with ambient light. so i have been lookin at buying a projector with about 1500 lumens and a contrast ratio of 2000.1.

can u tell me if these specs will give me a good enough picture to watch in the day and what kind of picture i can expect from it

real help would be if u can recommend some projectors in my price that will deal with the problem i have. i am spending so little as this is my first projector and when need to see if we like the setup and that

thx for the help

·
Registered
437 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sut /forum/post/0

ok guys i have been reading around ur forums and it shows u all know what ur talking about so i am asking for some help if u dont mind

to start with i only have 700 dollars to spend

i am tryin to buy a projector for my livingroom ( it is bright with lots of sun light getting in but not direct light and i cant really stop )

so i have been lookin at projectors and from what i have found out the better the lumens and contrast ratio the better the picture even with ambient light. so i have been lookin at buying a projector with about 1500 lumens and a contrast ratio of 2000.1.

can u tell me if these specs will give me a good enough picture to watch in the day and what kind of picture i can expect from it

real help would be if u can recommend some projectors in my price that will deal with the problem i have. i am spending so little as this is my first projector and when need to see if we like the setup and that

thx for the help

No projector will handle this kind of environment as well as a normal television. If you can't control ambient light through the use of blinds or other means, you will be disappointed with a projector.

My advice would be to look for an RPTV and remove the protective screen (if it has one) to eliminate glare. That should give you the best picture you could ask for in a high ambient light room.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.