AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the next two months I'm planning to buy a projector for my new flat. I'm considering following projectors:

1. SIM2/Seleco HT300

2. JVC DLA-G150CL

3. Sharp XV-Z90000

4. Runco VX-1000C

So far I've seen Sharp and JVC in person. It's very difficult to demo HT projectors in Czech Republic (Europe, I live here) due to very small HT market here. I would like to hear your opinions on those projectors.

Thank you

Milan

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
As long as you buy a Firehawk screen I think you woould be happy with any of the projectors you mention. I'd base my decision on the local support and repair capability you can get for the various manufacturers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can have JVC and Runco for approximately the same price, Seleco 1/2 of that price and Sharp on 1/3 of that price. I have no problem to pay more for quality but I don't want to waste money just for a 'good' brand name. Does quality of JVC/Runco justify the price differential?

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'd go with the Runco cause of the outboard scaler that is packaged with it.. Ive seen it and I personally love the Runco.. I dont know much about the JVC as I'm not really into DILA..

Chris

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
It's hard to imagine the JVC and Runco being worth twice the Seleco. It's a supurb projector with built in scaling/processing. Do you have any local dealers or support?

One advantage of the Runco is that in the US they have dealer and factory support that is way better than any competitor that I know of, but it comes at a cost. I don't know anything about their distribution network in Europe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.