AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My contractor has finished my dedicated HT, it turned out more beautifull and more costly than I imagined. I am interested in either the Pansonic AE300, or Pansonic PLV 60HT, or the Sony HS10. My budget is $3500 or less and I really want a 16:9 projector. My room is 15x20 (controlled lighting). Thanks in inadvance for your help !

·
Registered
778 Posts
If everything is already built, wouldn't you have to look at the throw ratio of the projectors to see which will work? If you have already done this to narrow the group to what you have posted ignore this(but I thought the throw on the Sony and the Panny are quite different Long throw/short throw).

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
This is not the advice that you are looking for but here goes anyway.

I think if I were spending money to build a dedicated HT, I would consider the cost of the projector to be fairly small as a fraction of overall cost. Yet it is the most important piece of the whole puzzle.

I would therefore look at projectors in the $10K range, including the new HD2 projectors like the Infocus 7200, Marantz S1, and Sim2 HT300+. All are 16X9.

The Sanyo PLV-70 should also be looked at (the PLV-60 is the older model and is from Sanyo not Panasonic BTW). For comparision with a cheaper unit (not 16X9), try the NEC HT1000 (streeting at around $4k).

The HT1000 appears to be the bargain in the mid-price range but as I mentioned is not 16X9. All others that I mentioned are.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.