AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three stores in my area carry the Hitachi 57SWX:Circuit City, Sears, and Rex. CC gives me $2999 with no interest financing. So does Sears, although I will have to wait until DEC. 7 for no interest financing, and I am disappointed in their attempts to sell me a TV. Rex offers $2899 after $100 rebate, but regular financing. I am giving them all two more chances at my business before I decide. What should I do?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just bought a 57SWX20B from Sears around $400.00 off with a match from CC. I did however buy their 5 year warranty.

They wont match a double match. They do know how far CC will bargain, so dont bluff too much. I didnt need it in writing either.

0% is still good up to tonight!!!

0% financing on:

home appliances game tables

camcorders treadmills

TVs Kenmore® gas grills

Tradition® Certified Diamonds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* CREDIT TERMS: Zero% financing. No finance Charge and No Payments until May 2003 on all Home Appliances over $399, all TVs over $499 and all Camcorders over $299. No finance Charge and No Payments until May 2003 on all treadmills and game tables over $249, Kenmore gas Grills over $249 thru 11/30, 0% financing: No finance Charge and No Payments until May 2003 on all Tradition Certified Diamonds over $399.88 thru 11/30 when you use your Sears Card®, Sears Premier Card®, SearsCharge Plus(sm), Sears Home Improvement Account(sm), Sears Gold MasterCard®, or Sears Premier Gold MasterCard®. Excludes Sears Commercial One accounts, as well as outlet store purchases. Fixed and variable APRs on Sears credit products are up to 24.90% as of 11/1/02. Rates may vary. Minimum monthly FINANCE CHARGE of up to $1, if any FINANCE CHARGE is due. Regular Credit terms apply after the 0% period. 0% not applicable to existing balances. Sears cards issued by Sears National Bank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sales rep at Sears was young and inexperienced, and it took some patience on my part to find out about the 0% financing coming up on Dec. 7, which would last until Jan. 04. He was quick to tell me "no we can't do that" instead of at least feeding me a bs line about contacting his manager to see if he could bring the price down. I am not a great bargainer. My plan has been to face them against each other. The Circuit city salesman pretty much said he would give me the best price in town, but I have to get the Sears and Rex guys to give me something for him to beat! Thanks for the posts.:confused:

·
Registered
119 Posts
i bought the 57uwx from CC. i got them down about 12-15% w/o much effort, maybe coulda got em down a little more. sounds like $400 off is about 15%, doesnt seem too bad to me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just looked at what I quoted from Sears!!! Last week the 0% financing was till Jan 04, which I got!! This week its less!!!

BTW The salesman sets the financing terms in the sales terminal, you could convince him to add a few months.

BEWARE the CC 0% financing accrues finance charges for the full year if not fully paid before the deadline. Sears has a no pay no finance charge for the year, which means that the sale actually occurs in one year.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I actually compete companies by using models they don't sell. I wanted the 57TWX and soundtrack was the only place local that sold it. They were having a 10% sale this weekend and the TV was $2879. The great indoors was having a sale and the 57SWX was $2699. I went to soundtrack, which doesn't sell the SWX, and said that I didn't feel the difference in the screens was worth $180 and that if they would match the great indoors price of $2699 for the SWX, I would by their TWx. They agreed with no hesitation. So, I got about 16% off their normal price of $3199 for the 57TWX.

Las month, I was going to get the 65TWX and tried to get Soundtrack to compete with the Great Indoors for the Toshiba 65HDX. They knocked $600 of the 65TWX because I convinced them the TWX wasn't worth $900 more than the HDX. I mulled it over for a month and decided to go with the 57" above.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I just bought a 57SWX20B from Sears on the 7th. Got them to take it down 10% to $2699 with no problem , grabbed the 0% interest/12 month no payment finance deal, and they threw in a $100 Toshiba SD-1800 DVD player as well. Delivery is tomorrow. Yee-haw! My fingers are crossed that it doesn't arrive damaged.

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
I got the 57SWX20B last Friday from CC for $2499 plus 12 months no interest deal. I also bought a 3 year extened warranty though. Total cost including Tax was $3074. I am comtemplating canceling the Extended warranty if I can find one online for cheaper. Anyone know of any sites for this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up finding an open box 57swx20b when I went to buy a new one. It was a customer returned, only briefly owned, owner complained picture was blurry, can find nothing more than some scratches from moving it on bottom, ended up saving 600 to 700 dollars. No interest till next month. Hallelujah. All that bargaining was for naught.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.