AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although a part of me wanted to wait for the 42H81 that is coming out shortly, I could not resist the sale that 800.com is having on these puppies.

800.com is an authorized dealer for Toshiba and the TV comes with a 1 year Toshiba warranty. So far so good. Now, 800.com offers an extended warranty plan (called the N.E.W warranty) that costs about $200 for 3 years.

Here are my questions to the knowledgeable folks here :

1. Is this warranty worth the money ?

2. What happens to this warranty if 800.com goes out of business after a year ?

3. Can I buy extended warranty directly from Toshiba ?

Please reply soon as my credit card is burning a hole in my pocket http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

·
Registered
26 Posts

Quote:
Although a part of me wanted to wait for the 42H81 that is coming out shortly, I could not resist the sale that 800.com is having on these puppies.
Hi RishM,

I was also looking to purchase th 40H80. I had visited BestBuy today and they said they sold the last piece today for a very less price. One salesperson told me Toshiba is replacing this model with a new one the model number of which is was not sure. Now reading your post I assume the 42H81 is the new model he was talking about.

I could not find any info about the new model in this forum or at toshiba website. Where did you read about this news? Is there any place on the net I can get any update on this?

Also do you know what are the major changes if any?

I am also planning for the warranty because this type of TV require some kind of tuning / cleaning periodically.

thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.