AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
258 Posts
Kind of late to start asking and doing research now if you are set on buying tomorrow no?

Use the search function to do some research here....good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The specs are right in the links, how hard would it be for someone that knows about LCD's to figure it out ? Im onnly asking for some help, i give it out when others need.

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
ok on the spec's if you are a gamer the lg is better but if you are a movie buff then the sony it has a higher contrast however i have heard that lower end sony lcd's suck go into the store look at both pics then pick ur set if the sony looks good grab it it has a bravia engine but only 2 .I like samsungs but the choice is yours hope i helped a bit
ok i read the link from the above poster i would say get the sony 4 sure rebadged xbr6 649 is a steal go get it and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!!!!!!!!! I wanna get the Sony now, but FS says the LG is better hands down. I don't know what to do :S

·
Registered
518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiPro /forum/post/15549676

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!! I wanna get the Sony now, but FS says the LG is better hands down. I don't know what to do :S

Personally, the wife and I both prefer the LG over Sony. It has better specs and we always liked the LG picture better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went with the LG And im very pleased!!!!! HD Channels look amazing, xbox 360 games look really good, NHL09 in HD is amazing. I don't have a HD DVD player nore blue ray but i do have one of these bad boys- http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/ser...ductId=1002673 I use the Progressive thing and it works well it tink, im not sure what it does. Thanks for the help guys!!! If anyone knows anything about my DVD player and what settings i should use for Custom picture mode it would help. I can choose from Standard, Dynamic1 and 2 and Cinema 1and2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts