AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy Knights of the Old Republic. I've seen a few used ones at Gamestop. Would I be better off buying it used or new? If new where would you guys or gals recommend.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You could join goozex and trade for it. There is another thread here with some info about the site. There were four games ready for trade for xbox @ 150 points.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You can also check your local video rental stores for cheap used games.

·
Registered
824 Posts
good luck finding that new. no reason not to buy used, really.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I was gonna play it on my 360, does it look descent or will it look like crap? Should I ebay it or am I better off with Game Stop? I know GS has a 30 day return.

·
Registered
408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimp /forum/post/14325073

Thanks guys I was gonna play it on my 360, does it look descent or will it look like crap? Should I ebay it or am I better off with Game Stop? I know GS has a 30 day return.

Do you really need this much advice on buying a used game?

·
Banned
3,712 Posts
it was designed for the orginal xbox and unfortunately my copy, when playing on my 360, is plagued by "stutters". some colors and audio is dropped from the opening video (no biggie). Everything in game is sharper visually, but somehow it makes this game look worse than if you were to play it on a original xbox.

i would say go the cheaper route. get it from a gamestop if you want the 30 day return, but it would only cost something like 10-15 bucks. I say overall i'm satisfied with the game running on the 360 and if you've never played it on the orginal xbox then i say go for it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
If you buy it from a GS or EB you can look at the disc before you lay cash on the counter. That's why I prefer to buy most games from B&M stores. I once settled on a horribly scratched copy of Castlevania: Sympony of the Night simply because the game is such a PITA to get. I slapped it in my Disc Doctor and it's worked great since. Even with new items you run the risk of getting a brick or a bad copy. If you deal locally when buying you have (generally) a better time if you need to exchange or return.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowenbotten /forum/post/14325555

Do you really need this much advice on buying a used game?

Honestly no. But I've never bought used and since this is a forum, I thought I'd get suggestions on places to buy from. I never knew there was Goozex so I learned something new. I've never played an Xbox game on a 360 so I'm not sure how it will look. I kind of wish you had something to contribute or just not post.

·
Registered
378 Posts
XBox 1 games on XBox 360.

Mind that I do this on a 57" HDTV with full 1080p....

When I pop in Halo 2 the image looks ok, but not as good as it looked on my old 51" SDTV. It's stretched to fit the screen and the aspect does not appear to be correct. Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows actually looks very nice on my HDTV which sharp images and no noticable aspect distortion. It'll vary from game to game.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by popimp /forum/post/14325590

Honestly no. But I've never bought used and since this is a forum, I thought I'd get suggestions on places to buy from. I never knew there was Goozex so I learned something new. I've never played an Xbox game on a 360 so I'm not sure how it will look. I kind of wish you had something to contribute or just not post.

Awesome response haha. I hate it when people post nothing other than "this is a stupid thread" or "do you really need advice on this?" LOL, if he didn't need advice he wouldn't have asked!

Anyway, yeah Goozex (I just joined the other week myself, seems good), eBay, or craigslist are good online places to get used games. I've bought used games at Blockbuster when they're trying to clear them out. I just got Shadowrun for about $10 and GRAW 2 for $15. Honestly, there's no place where you know 100% it's going to be "like new" condition. Buying used games is always a crapshoot, but they're cheap so just go for it. By the way KOTR was easily one of the best games on Xbox, so you'll be happy picking that one up, even if it stutters.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracat /forum/post/14326766

Awesome response haha. I hate it when people post nothing other than "this is a stupid thread" or "do you really need advice on this?" LOL, if he didn't need advice he wouldn't have asked!

Anyway, yeah Goozex (I just joined the other week myself, seems good), eBay, or craigslist are good online places to get used games. I've bought used games at Blockbuster when they're trying to clear them out. I just got Shadowrun for about $10 and GRAW 2 for $15. Honestly, there's no place where you know 100% it's going to be "like new" condition. Buying used games is always a crapshoot, but they're cheap so just go for it. By the way KOTR was easily one of the best games on Xbox, so you'll be happy picking that one up, even if it stutters.

Hey thanks for the support. I played KOTR2 for the PC and it was pretty good, but I didn't like using a keyboard when playing games. I got used to it and I thought the game was pretty good. I think I'll just give Game Stop a pass by and see if they have it. This probably was a stupid thread, but I figured the forum knew the right places to go. Thanks for all the help everyone minus one person.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Agree 100%. Also want to plug amazon used. Or possible craigslist. I've bought a lot of used games. I've had a few problems mostly on ebay, but none from amazon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow /forum/post/14334744

KOTOR is way better than the sequel

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ended up buying the game at GameStop. It has the box and manual and most importantly the disc is in really good condition. I used a 20% off coupon I found on the internet so the final price was $7.99 plus tax. Not too shabby, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
370 Posts
half.com is a good choice too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts