AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my AV system I integrated a two-channel integrated amp with a home theater bypass option to improve two-channel performance. In my setup, I have the preouts (L & R) from the integrated amp connected to the sub and I use the sub's crossover to limit the lower frequencies to the sub. I also have the LFE output from my AV receiver connected to the LFE input of the sub. The sub was designed to accommodate the two separate inputs simultaneously. The Left and Right preouts from the AVR are connected to the home theater bypass input of the integrated amp.

When I listen to two-channel music, I do not hear any hum or buzz from my speakers. However, when I turn on the AV Receiver and change the integrated amps input to home theater bypass, I can hear a fairly loud buzz from the tweeters of my front Left and Right speakers. Initially, I could hear the buzz from my seating position, however, after I changed the RCA interconnects between the AVR and the integrated amp, the buzz was reduced, but it is still fairly loud.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to remove or eliminate the buzz.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akopperl /forum/post/20846140

In my AV system I integrated a two-channel integrated amp with a home theater bypass option to improve two-channel performance. In my setup, I have the preouts (L & R) from the integrated amp connected to the sub and I use the sub's crossover to limit the lower frequencies to the sub. I also have the LFE output from my AV receiver connected to the LFE input of the sub. The sub was designed to accommodate the two separate inputs simultaneously. The Left and Right preouts from the AVR are connected to the home theater bypass input of the integrated amp.

When I listen to two-channel music, I do not hear any hum or buzz from my speakers. However, when I turn on the AV Receiver and change the integrated amps input to home theater bypass, I can hear a fairly loud buzz from the tweeters of my front Left and Right speakers. Initially, I could hear the buzz from my seating position, however, after I changed the RCA interconnects between the AVR and the integrated amp, the buzz was reduced, but it is still fairly loud.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to remove or eliminate the buzz.

Thanks

Try connect everything to the same power outlet (via strip) to see if eliminates buzz. Another thing is to try disconnect input cable from cable box or sat receiver (whatever you use).

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 /forum/post/20846233

Try connect everything to the same power outlet (via strip) to see if eliminates buzz. Another thing is to try disconnect input cable from cable box or sat receiver (whatever you use).

Everything is connected to the same strip - although due to the number of devices, I have a few power strips daisy chained. I'll try the satellite HDMI later, but I never had an issue with the satellite when I had different AVRs, but without the integrated amp.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmologist /forum/post/20846262

I suggest you check to be sure the sub is designed to take both the L/R inputs as well as the LFE SIMULTANEOUSLY as opposed to either/or.

I checked, it is a feature of the Martin Logan Depth i sub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.