AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a yamaha 2700 and it is only about 3 feet away from me and I can hear buzzing/whining coming from the receiver itself and not the speakers. It reminds me of the buzzing I hear from many plasma TVs. Is this a power supply issue? should I be worried? The Yamaha itself works fine and I have not had any issues with it (except the buzzing) Do all receivers make some noise? Am I just too close to it. Also it is raised on a shelf above ear level. It is plugged into a surge protected power bar.

·
Registered
12,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan48 /forum/post/12993085

I have a yamaha 2700 and it is only about 3 feet away from me and I can hear buzzing/whining coming from the receiver itself and not the speakers. It reminds me of the buzzing I hear from many plasma TVs. Is this a power supply issue? should I be worried? The Yamaha itself works fine and I have not had any issues with it (except the buzzing) Do all receivers make some noise? Am I just too close to it. Also it is raised on a shelf above ear level. It is plugged into a surge protected power bar.

Sounds like a bad power transformer..

And this is covered under warranty.

What happens is the transformer assembly is a big copper-wound coil structure within a large metal frame, the structure become loose and audibly can rattle..

This can happen due to rough shipment/handling and/or related to the quality/process of the assembly of transformer..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts