Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TV= Mitsu WS-65908

voltage stabilizer= Monster PowerCenter HTS3500

On the Mitsu a few of the cable stations have some static, I compared the reception to my Sony KD-34XBR2 & another older TV in the house and they receive all the stations with out static. The Mitsu is the only TV using a voltage stabilizer, when the cable runs through the voltage stabilizer the TV has no buzzing from the speakers but has static on a few stations. When I bypass the voltage stabilizer and run the cable straight into the TV all the stations a clear but I hear a loud buzzing sound.

I also have an HTPC with a MyHD decoder card, when I run the cable straight into the MyHD it has static but no buzzing.

Also there has always been a constant rolling line going across all the TVs from bottom to Top. I just recently plugged the cable into the Mitsu, I normaly just use it for DVD, XBox & over the air HD.

so far I have changed all the fittings on every cable (except the one on the telephone poll ) and ran new cable from where the cable comes into the house to each TV and that made no difference.

any suggestions on what to try next??

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
A ground isolator between the cable and the TV may eliminate the problem. Sounds like it's probably a ground loop--pretty common issue.

·
Registered
748 Posts
A quick, cheap way to see if it's a ground loop is to plug all your components into the same electrical circuit and see if the hum goes away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.