AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into getting BWs (possibly 603 or 604s for L/R mains). Most commentaries talk about getting matched a center speaker to have the best sound flow from Left-->Right. That being the case, considering either the BW 60 & 600 for the center channel.

The size and weight of both are 18''/21" for the length and 12.2" (same on both) for the depth with 19.8lbs and 27.5lbs as the weight for each. Placement is usually on top of the crt. I have approximately a 10'' wide ledge across the top of the Proscan crt.

The questions that arise:

1. Any comparisons/thoughts as to the BW 60 vs BW600?

2. Any thoughts as to size difficulties due to the weight and balance on the top of the crt?

3. 20 vs 28lbs will it make that much of a difference? And do I need to create a slight wood shelf directly ontop of the crt to ensure level placement or is the weight distribution of the 60/600 such that there will not be excessive weight in the rear (backside) so as to tilt the unit?

4. Placement under the crt will not work as the cabinet has a 7.5'' max height on the upper shelf located below the crt so that above the crt seems like the probable location for the center channel.

Any experiences in the above???

·
Registered
911 Posts
First, I love B&W speakers and I think the 600 series are a good value. However, if you are getting a subwoofer you may want to consider getting the 602s instead of the 603s. I auditioned both and preferred the 602s on decent stands.

For your center channel see if your dealer will sell you an identical speaker to your L+R. My dealer was willing to do it.

The absolute BEST setup for a seamless soundscape is three identical front speakers. That's what George Lucas has at Skywalker ranch.

BTW - He has B&W as well.

·
Registered
579 Posts
600 is better for larger rooms, especially those with high ceilings. My buddy unfortunately went with the 60 for his very open family room. The dialogue can get lost at times. He now wishes he had gone with the 600. Smaller rooms with 8 or 10-foot ceilings should be OK for a 60.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.