AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, this has been driving me nuts for a week and I need some help. First off let me explain my pre amp. I own a Sony TA-E9000ES pre amp that I run to a two channel and 3 channel Adcom amp. My current DVD player (Panasonic RP-56) is a nice player for DVD's and I get a great picture to my Sharp DLP but my two channel music has been less then ideal for to long. I just purchased a Denon DVM-4800 DVD Audio, CD, DVD, MP3.... player. This has very good Burr Brown DAC in side. My problem is that if I use the DVD players DAC then input this in my Sony pre amp in will convert the analog signal to digital (16 bit- 48k) then back to analog before going to the amps. This kind of kills the whole benefits of DVD audio and having the better DAC The pre amp does not have 6 channel input but I'm really only interest in 2 channel for music anyways. (I assume this will work)

Solution: The only thing I can think of (Besides buying a new pre pro with analog bypass) is to break out my old Adcom pro logic pre pro and run the composite outs from DVD player to the Adcom then run the out's to the amp directly. This would by pass the sony completely and give me the analog sound I'm looking for. I would then run the coaxial out from the DVD player to the Sony for H.T. surround sound which is a lot less critical. To me. Only draw back is that I would have to switch the inputs to the 2 channel amp every time I go from 2 channel to 5.1. (Not a major problem because I have access to rear of rack in my back storage room)

Something tells me there is a better way... Any idea's?

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
The ideal solution would be a Sony TAP-9000ES which has 2 5.1 inputs so you can switch between 5.1 sources. You may find one on eBay.

Cheaper would be a Yamaha DSP-E 492 which can do the same thing.

For two channel only, a Creek OBH12 passive preamp can do something similar.

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.