AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello;

First post here; finally bought a house with a room I can convert into my movie/gaming lounge and though I've read articles here forever - thought I'd start contributing, or get involved at very least.

This has nothing to do with my room, but rather at the moment I have a 42" Philips 42PFL5603D tv that has blown audio.  After 30 or 40 minutes of being on it goes to loud static (you can still tell the audio is coming through, but it's scratchy to the point you can't tell what it is.  When you flip the channel from HDMI 1 to 2 and back, it is resolved for 30 or 40 minutes.  Weirdest thing.

I guess if soemone has a solution for that, great...but my main question is: Currently my DirecTV box is hooked up to my Xbox one via HDMI, than chained from Xbox One to TV.  Can I run the SPDIF out of the XBox directly into a receiver and bypass the TV audio altogether?  Sorry if this is a total noob question. 

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

And because I only use the DirecTV to Xbox ... it will effectively bypass whatever isn't working properly on the TV's sound board correct?  If I'm using SPDIF for audio, does that 'override' the audio sent via HDMI, per say?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Nevermind.  SB200 works great straight from the Xbox One - even got my DirecTV remote programmed to work with the sound bar.  Perfect! 

1 - 4 of 4 Posts