AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum, without a great deal of DTV experience. I have a 4DTV receiver with a new HDTV converter (HDD-200, a Motorola product). The connections from the HDTV decoder to the HDTV available are GBRHV and YPbPr. I have leaning toward the Samsung DLP HDTV's to replace out old Toshiba tube TV that is rapidly going to heaven.

Is a GBRHV (5 wire connection) a better input that YPbPr and what TV's out there even have it as an input?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Wolfe

·
Registered
57 Posts
You're not going to find all that many TV's that support the 5 wire rgbhv connection, although there are some. I used to own a Mitsubish 73" HDTV and it did. My Sharp projector does also. I wouldn't buy a TV based on that though as the 3 wire Component output works just fine too.I doubt you could see a difference between the two.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cbander:

Thanks for the information. Are you in the CBand crowd, unwilling to go over the the DirectTV dark side?

My equipment receives all the satellites well, except W7 and all the HDTV offerings appear great. Thanks for the advice, as I was really leaning toward the 3 wire connection(s).

·
Registered
815 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ianken

As previously mentioned you'll see no difference between RGBHV and YPbPr.

I have a 4DTV and HDD-200.
I agree with the others - no difference

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I noticed today the 5 cable RGBHV at work with a medical monitor in from a 15 pin connector driving a patient care monitor. Guess I never noticed it before!

Jeff Wolfe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.