AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you people who are getting SHOH (543) seeing on 90? What are you seeing on the guide for 90? I get a succession of Spanish speaking people with no information available and no messages other than the title in the guide something like "3 lnb check channel," or something like that. Is that right? I have been unable to get 543 and am grasping at straws. I'd love this to be some kind of aiming problem, although the receiver gives good number for all three sats and all three transponders on C. Art

·
Registered
346 Posts
When I tune to ch 90 I get "Progran not available in your area check program guide for alternate programing" and my guide shows "Triple-sat installation check" and I amlso am using a n HD100 so your should be the same.

Chris

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes I am getting ShowHD after climbing down from the roof installing the sat-c kit I tuned to 543 and there it was no need to do a channel scan it was just there. When your on ch 90 and you go into the menu to check signal strength what sat does it say? Assuming it says sat-c and

(sat-b-199/509) then I would think that the problem is at D* end if so I wish you luck.

Chris

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by krs7272
When I tune to ch 90 I get "Progran not available in your area check program guide for alternate programing" and my guide shows "Triple-sat installation check" and I amlso am using a n HD100 so your should be the same.

Chris
And the guide info says something to the effect of "If you are seeing this message it means your triple-sat installation was successful".

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE!!!!! I finally realized that I might have picked up the wrong satellite. I went back and reaimed the dish and I now have SHOH! Odd that DIRECTV never told me that a program in Spanish on 90 was unusual. I mentioned its presence on each of the ten or twelve calls I made. Odd that my receiver would pick up transponders 8, 10 and 12 on lnb 12 from the wrong satelite. I really don't know what happened with my satellite recption except that it finally works now. Thanks for your help, Art

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.