AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Time Warner Cable carries all 3 in NYC, not anywhere else.

Bright House Networks carries all 3 in their major clusters (Central Florida, Indianapolis, Michigan, Birmingham, Bakersfield)

Comcast carries C-SPAN HD in a lot of markets now, C-SPAN 2 HD only in Philadelphia (city) and some parts of the Southeast.

Midcontinent Communications carries C-SPAN HD in Minnesota and the Dakotas.

I'm not aware of anyone else having it yet. TVguide.com shows Charter in San Luis Obispo, CA carrying C-SPAN HD, but there has been no formal announcement. It may be coming to Charter in the future.

·
Registered
233 Posts
There are also some tiny cable providers carrying C-SPAN in HD. In fact, when the three C-SPAN channels launched in HD about two years ago, C-SPAN made a point of mentioning that the municipal cable system in Frankfort, KY was the first provider carrying their channels in HD. There's archived video of this available at http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/294684-7 .

Bend Broadband in central Oregon also carries C-SPAN and C-SPAN 2 in HD (see lineup here ).

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Hmm, how do we go about getting Comcast to roll this out in more of their markets? I'm on the Vinnings headend in the ATL, & I, for one, welcome our new C-SPAN overlords.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts