AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several disc players. The Sony blu-ray, XBOX HD-Dvd, Marantz SACD/DVD-A player and Denon DVD3910. Add in the video processors, TIVO, etc and the cables are a mess.

I don't fully accept that power cables make a difference and I don't want one of those discussions. I use the IEC cables for my owns reasons and don't need to argue about snake oil. But I want to get rid of all those 6 to 8 foot unshielded C7 (2 pin) power cables. Even if they don't carry a signal, and even if my other cables are well-shielded enough not to affected by any stray EMI from these C7s, it's just ugly.

Does anyone know where I can get some affordable C7 cables in 3 feet or less? I just need short and shielded. PS Audio and Audioquest are a little too expensive since I need several cables.

Acoustic Research had some nice affordable ones, model number AP-800, but nobody has them. Heck it's not even easy to track down who owns Acoustic Research nowadays. But I did speak to AR directly and they only say that the model's discontinued.

I was hoping for a BlueJeansCable or other inexpensive solution. Any thoughts?

·
23,006 Posts
Signal Cable. Frank will problaby build you anything you want as would others who list on Agon.

larry

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've used their cables previously, so I already went back there and saw nothing on the website. But I called Frank anyway. They don't make them yet, because the C7 connector is too small to accomodate their cables. But they did have the cheapest C7 to IEC adaptor that I have yet found. Not listed on the website. I didn't even see those on Partsexpress. I purchased some of those adaptors from Frank as a temporary solution. He was helpful and courteous. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts